SamygoPVR - Record TV over USB or network location.

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

sorcerer1
Official SamyGO Developer

SamygoPVR - Record TV over USB or network location.

Post by sorcerer1 »

Hello! I've done refactoring of the geoPVR v0.6 code.

Changes are:

Code: Select all

- rename geopvr.ini to pvr.ini, geopvr.so to pvr.so
- fix transcoding russian letters to ASCII
- add debug logging (see pvr.log, and LOG=1 pvr.ini option)
- rewrite configuration reading system
- rename EPG_TRANSCODE option to UNICODE (see pvr.ini example)
- make all the .c files to be compiled separately
- add Makefile; please use 'make' command to create your own loader.so and pvr.so
- bugfixes
Todo:

Code: Select all

- change 'icons' interface
- add samygoPVR logo (now there is still geoPVR's one)
- get_localtime_from_UTC_sytemtime() probably don't work correctly, try to fix it
- source key with HDMI1=1 don't work correctly on my TV
- create_recname() should be optimized
- ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geo650

Re: Record TV over USB

Post by geo650 »

sorcerer1 wrote:Hello! I've done refactoring of the geoPVR v0.6 code.
Thank you for your work. I hope you will continue to develop samygoPVR (I like that name and I hope it is good for our admin here).
BTW, I hope you will update README, replace "GeoPVR" with "samygoPVR" and remove "by geo650" from source files since it is your code now.
I am developing geoPVR as well but I think there is no room for chaos and I am not going to put new versions here. They will be updated on my homepage (URL to be announced later under my nick). It will not be updated very often.
I am also thinking about dividing this app into two separate modules: one for catching/redirecting remote control buttons and the second one - only for PVR functions.
doodlecz

Post by doodlecz »

I am also thinking about dividing this app into two separate modules: one for catching/redirecting remote control buttons and the second one - only for PVR functions.
Yes, this is what I was also thinking of.. with future hacks hooked to the remote control keys it will be absolute necessary. Generally it should support kind of initialization for each module, more hooks for one key, allowing modules to stop the hook chain etc.

Maybe we should make a new thread for this topic.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

geo650, it's about contribution. Just adding bricks to holes together. Not about being mine - yours but it's all ours. :)
I can understand your situation. Don't get angry. :)
So it's not chaos if you release your version here too, you can also release it on your home page too as palkasfan (Samygo channel editor).
I thought it's better if YOU rename it to SamyGO PVR. ;) But you can leave name as its. Just offered.
sorcerer1

Post by sorcerer1 »

geo650, erdem_ua, doodlecz:

What do you think about putting PVR application to the SamyGO SVN repository? We can develop it together.
geo650

Post by geo650 »

martindejmal wrote:...please, change or remove the still red dot and REC label when recording. It bugs very much when watching a movie. I would suggest a very small icon, this big is not comfortable. I was recording a thriller movie with lot of dark scenes and the label was shining too much in these scenes :)
Hit PAUSE key to hide that icon. Then you can hit PAUSE again to show it.

Or replace "rec.png" file with your graphics.

To sorcerer1: Of course you can, but please don't count on me. I sent private message to erdem_ua explaining the reasons. To cut a long story short, I want to return to projects started earlier. And I have no experience in workgroup programming (yes, I could learn, but again - more time is needed). Of course, I can still share my ideas with you.

Return to “[B] Software”