moras86 wrote:After quick test, some observation...
- My USB keyboard (small one) has no right CTRL key so I couldn't test this key. I didn't know it doesn't work. Personally, I reconfigured fire button to the left CTRL key. Maybe this will be better for defaults.
- Sound delay is known problem for SDL. There are some fixes for other linux systems: to run process as root, to kill artsd process... But it cannot be applied to Samsung TV. The same problem met ScummVM emulator. I don't know how to fix it.
- By default 64KB 800XL model is emulated. Demos like NUMEN require up to 320KB RAM memory, so it's quite obvious, you have to set other machine type in configuration.
- In fact, you cannot reach directories above /mtd_tlib if emulator is started from internal memory. I'll think about configuration value (default path or something) in release 2.
EDIT: TEMPORARY SOLUTION using telnet: make symbolic link to your pendrive:
Code: Select all
ln -s /dtv/usb/sda1 USB
This will be remembered even after power off/on. You can add more subdirectories. To delete symbolic link use "rm -r USB" command in emulator's directory.
- I didn't configure any remote control buttons; they work because probably they are translated by SDL (you know from NetSurf that ENTER button is translated to 'Z' key; the same thing occurs in Atari800). To simulate a joystick, you can reconfigure keys in UI menu. Although, I don't recommend to play a game using remote control because you cannot reach diagonal directions. I wish to have START/SELECT/OPTION/RESET keys on the remote, too. I am adding this to TODO list for release 2.
Thank you for testing.
I am trying to add injection function
to catch button presses (like in PVR application), but I cannot compile main application. Please take a look on error:
Code: Select all
atari_sdl.c: In function 'injection':
atari_sdl.c:2486: error: 'asm' undeclared (first use in this function)
atari_sdl.c:2486: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
atari_sdl.c:2486: error: for each function it appears in.)
atari_sdl.c:2486: error: expected ';' before 'volatile'
atari_sdl.c:2492: error: expected ';' before 'volatile'
make: *** [atari_sdl.o] Error 1
It seems that "asm" keyword is unknown. Also __asm__ doesn't work. What shall I do? <--- EDIT/2010-07-24: forget it, never mind, I did it other way.