[App] SamyConsole II

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

[App] SamyConsole II

Post by geo650 »

SamyConsole II 1.1 Telnet client - Content Library Application for B-series TV's.
SamyConsole2.png
Now you can run telnet session on live TV screen with USB keyboard connected.

DESCRIPTION

Samsung TV telnet console for advanced users and developers.
Works on Samsung B65x models with CHL7DEUC firmware.

WHAT IS THIS ?

This is simple telnet client for Samsung TV-sets equipped with Content Library feature.
You no longer need LAN connection to use telnet on your TV-set. USB keyboard is enough now.
You can also connect to any external telnet server.

USAGE

Copy SamyConsole2 folder to pendrive, attach your pendrive
and USB keyboard to your TV, then run SamyConsole II "Game".
Then exit Content Library, press PLAY button to show console window.
Login as root. Press F1 to get help.
Hit F2 key to disconnect current session and connect to a new address.
You can specify port number using space or colon separator.
Note that linux 'exit' command doesn't close console screen.
Press STOP button to disconnect and hide console window.

This application automatically loads USB HID drivers
and starts telnet daemon (server) if necessary.

WARNINGS

This application may contain some bugs.
Telnet client standards (described in RFC's) are not fully implemented.
Not all ANSI terminal codes are supported.

Feel free to share this piece of software but PLEASE BE CAREFUL using telnet commands
because you may brick your TV (or other system).

Tested on Samsung LE40B650T2W TV (T-CHL7DEUC 2xxx firmware).
It may or may not work on other models.

WHAT'S NEW:
- no multiple loading allowed (thanks to juzis)

Download SamyConsole2_v1_1.zip Updated!

Download source code

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [App] SamyConsole II

Post by juusso »

well, glad you`re back :)

first run i failed - ran the game twice and tv crashed. Pls add check if game is already loaded. For example /dtv/console flag or so if console is already running. Or show something on the screen to let user know he does obsolete things.

i like your OSD approach. Very nice :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
geo650

Post by geo650 »

juuso wrote:well, glad you`re back :)

first run i failed - ran the game twice and tv crashed. Pls add check if game is already loaded. For example /dtv/console flag or so if console is already running. Or show something on the screen to let user know it does obsolete things.

Thanks for testing. I wonder why it crashed you ran it first time. Maybe because of this:
I have found that SDL_Quit() function can crash TV even if it was called from other application injected to exeDSP. For example if you call something that displays OSD graphics in PVR+ while SamyConsole II telnet window is shown, it will crash for 100%.
I am not sure how to avoid this. Maybe never call SDL_Quit() but only clean the screen memory?

And ok, I will make a flag like in PVR+ that will prevent multiple loading. BTW, you have sources, so you can do it faster --> in loader.c ;)
OSD: I wanted this window to be smaller, but the resolution (SDL video mode) is as is (FullHD/4) and the font is only 8x8 (in 8x10 raster). So that's the result.

See you!

EDIT: It was a simple update ;) Enjoy!

SamyConsole II 1.1:
Download links in first post updated.
tempinbox

Post by tempinbox »

geo650 wrote:
juuso wrote:well, glad you`re back :)

first run i failed - ran the game twice and tv crashed. Pls add check if game is already loaded. For example /dtv/console flag or so if console is already running. Or show something on the screen to let user know it does obsolete things.

Thanks for testing. I wonder why it crashed you ran it first time. Maybe because of this:
I have found that SDL_Quit() function can crash TV even if it was called from other application injected to exeDSP. For example if you call something that displays OSD graphics in PVR+ while SamyConsole II telnet window is shown, it will crash for 100%.
I am not sure how to avoid this. Maybe never call SDL_Quit() but only clean the screen memory?

And ok, I will make a flag like in PVR+ that will prevent multiple loading. BTW, you have sources, so you can do it faster --> in loader.c ;)
OSD: I wanted this window to be smaller, but the resolution (SDL video mode) is as is (FullHD/4) and the font is only 8x8 (in 8x10 raster). So that's the result.

See you!

EDIT: It was a simple update ;) Enjoy!

SamyConsole II 1.1:
Download links in first post updated.
can you port this to C series?
geo650

Post by geo650 »

tempinbox wrote:can you port this to C series?
Sorry, I can't. Maybe someone - any owner of C-series TV.

Return to “[B] Software”