SamyConsole 2.0

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

SamyConsole 2.0

Post by geo650 »

Hello!
SamyConsole 2.0 is available for download in files section. FYI: this is a simple telnet client for Samsung TV.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/files/

Now you can connect to any telnet server (using F2 key). Some minor fixes have been done, too.
Please avoid "vi" command because it may not work well (many ANSI codes aren't implemented yet so some things may be displayed very poorly). Other "classic" linux commands should work as usual. Every time you can press EXIT (or F10) to disconnect server and quit.
It works for me (LE40B650T2W / T-CHL7DEUC, CI). I wonder on which other TV models does it work as well.
moras86

Re: SamyConsole 2.0

Post by moras86 »

Hi

After quick test - app work for me (Samsung LE40B651T3W, fw. T-CHL7DEUC-2005). :D
For working telnet on TV I must start Telnet Enabler app first. Can you add start telnet TV module start with keypress (F5).
Image . Image
TV LCD: Samsung LE40B651T3W (CI) | Internet@TV | fw: 2005 (patched: SamyGO v0.24 + GMT2, ArFIX2, ADFIX) | matrix: SQ04
BluRay: Samsung BD-D5300-ZF | SamsungApps | fw: 1013
Android-Box: Zidoo X8 | Realtek RTD1295 64bit (QuadCore), Mali-T820 GPU, 2 GB RAM, HDMI IN record, Android 6.0 | ZDMC 17.1
my projects: Remote LAN Control - Desktop app (v0.8) | Signal checker for DVB-T (v0.3)
geo650

Post by geo650 »

moras86 wrote:For working telnet on TV I must start Telnet Enabler app first. Can you add start telnet TV module start with keypress (F5).
Telnet daemon should be started automatically by executing SamyConsole application. Probably there is an error in the code. It wasn't tested fully because I have telnetd starting in autorun script on my TV. Please wait for an update.
The same bug applies to SamyConsole version 1.0, too.
geo650

Re: SamyConsole 2.0 (2.1)

Post by geo650 »

The bug has been found, fixed, and now you can download SamyConsole 2.1.
DOWNLOAD FROM: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/files/
Now you really don't need to have telnet-enabled firmware to run this application.
Some other fixes has been made, too.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Thank you Geo650!

I have a tool at my mind. Could you help?
I am thinking a program that for adjusting auto starts other plugins...

Flow is like that:
Firmware patching with "Alternate Way" executes SamyGO.sh at each boot....

Than that plugin will put other content plugins init scripts paths to "SamyGO.sh" via graphical menu.

So we can select which plugins will automatically start at boot.
It's not too hard but "graphical part" make me thinking with no SDL knowledge. :)
geo650

Post by geo650 »

erdem_ua wrote:Thank you Geo650!

I have a tool at my mind. Could you help?
I am thinking a program that for adjusting auto starts other plugins...

Flow is like that:
Firmware patching with "Alternate Way" executes SamyGO.sh at each boot....

Than that plugin will put other content plugins init scripts paths to "SamyGO.sh" via graphical menu.

So we can select which plugins will automatically start at boot.
It's not too hard but "graphical part" make me thinking with no SDL knowledge. :)
Programming for SDL is very simple. One year ago I didn't know anything about SDL. Now I am working on 3 or 4 applications. It is very very very simple. Not like DirectX for Windows. It is MUCH simpler. Especially in our TV's, where graphics resolution and BPP's are constant.

Correct me if I didn't got your idea: You want to create something like Installer/uninstaller? I was thinking about it. To make it working we must discuss some rules for our plugins. There are too many differences. For example, I am using "autostart.sh" instead of "SamyGO.sh". But your app could check rc.local to determine what script is executed. Then some plugins catch key presses without chaining (my new dicovery - see OSDcap) and might hang remote control when more plugins are loaded. There are many problems and this should be discussed before on a separate forum thread, I think.
If you want to know how to program SDL, you can browse source codes for SamyConsole, SamyGoPVR, and other applications in a way that I know will be released soon. To start with SDL you can visit this site:
http://www.libsdl.org/docs/html/reference.html
or I can send you my first HelloWord for SDL.

BTW, your idea is good, because there would be only one plugin started by injectso (which is a bit slow as we know) and then it will load other modules without delays (without injectso).
EDIT (after message below): Sorry, I didn't know I must create /mtd_rwarea/etc directory to allow cache file to be created. It really works faster now.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Yes geo650. You are correct. But instead of installer/uninstaller. It's sounds correct as "autostart configurer". Just for adding modules locations to "SamyGo.sh" script. That script also has to need bootloop protection and don't start programs if any USB device exist with safe.sh file to avoid edelflake's situation...

Application doesn't check rc.local. And doesn't check startup file too (it might be SamyGO.sh due "Advanced Way" compatibility). It just creates a file. It's simple that way and you are free from parsers for configuration file which increases complexity... Plugin might hold settings in private config file which is comfortable to read from C program. And user could change which plugins start at boot via remote. If users add (or delete) any plugin from the list, than a new start-up file deleted and re-created with all selected programs startup script locations (and also with bootloop protection). This approach will doesn't allow you to add hand configurations to SamyGO.sh but you can also add your custom commands to as a another content library plugin script and could point it with "SamyGO AutorStarter"...

For tracking/detect'ng plugins, we could use search just .sh files at content library directory... This require to generate custom load scripts for every plugin which is not too hard. But If every program has it's "loader" I think it's most compatible. Because some hacks doesn't require to inject exeDSP like mounting NFS server... I don't know if injecting to exeDSP hangs TV remote. Might be we could put some "sleep 2" commands to yield system responsibility...

Alternative way is much better and speedy and free from sh files... But what about of .sh files? Like running SamyGO Extension pack doesn't require exeDSP injections also. We needed to use it's sh file for mounting instead of .so file... We needed to define autostart "protocol" for content manager plugins for make it clear.

It's good to hear that SDL is simple. I am fighting with OpenGL for weeks. And it comes weird :) Will look into it when I find time. :)

Return to “[B] Software”