[App] PVR+ 4.0

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

[App] PVR+ 4.0

Post by geo650 »

Did you know PVR+ is 5 years old now?

Today, after 5 years of creating PVR+, you may still use this software,.. if your TV is still alive ;)
You can download PVR+ 4.0 right now:
DOWNLOAD PVR+ 4.0
SpoilerShow
PVR+ 4.0 new features are listed as usual in README file inside enclosed archive. Now you can get rid of such applications: Anaglyph, Outliner and ScreenCap, because their functionality is included in PVR+ 4.0.

Definitely it is not the end.
Please post your thoughts and found bugs, because I am going to release PVR+ 4.1 (with source code and plugin's SDK) ASAP this year.

Thank you all for help. Special thanks to MORAS86 for new graphics and good advice!
ENJOY!

Still need to know (things that would make PVR+ even better):
  • * how to play a sound sample using SDL or other way outside Content Library (why Mix_OpenAudio function freezes TV signal?)
    * how to draw on YUV overlay surface which is probably used to display live TV image
    * how get to know TV has been turned on by button, by HDMI-CEC or by timer
    * how to lock HDMI-CEC events temporarily
    * how get CI CAM parameters
    * how to check DVB subtitles are on (to turn them off and restore later)
    * how get to know teletext viewer is on (while DVB subtitles are on or off)
    * how to catch events like TV channel or source switching
    * how to display text strings with TrueType font using built-in exeDSP functions
geo650

Re: [App] PVR+ 4.0

Post by geo650 »

RETRIEVED FROM YAHOO CACHE AFTER THIS ACCIDENT

Postby baco81 ? Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:17 pm
Wow!!
I have just found out that the new version is already available as I haven't received any forum mail notification. I think you should post a link to this thread in the old one, if not already there.

I have been also checking the software repository (download.samygo.tv) from time to time, but no updates there either.

Well, I am not at home now and my little son steals most of my free time, but I'll try PVR+ 4.0 out as soon as I can and let U know ;)

Thank very much, Geo650
geo650

Post by geo650 »

Postby juuso ? Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:25 pm
Moved to download.samygo.tv. Link in first post fixed.
geo650

Post by geo650 »

Postby baco81 ? Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:06 am
Thank you, juuso :)

I installed PVRplus yesterday. I only had time to play with the new built-in outliner feature.

At first, both bars and shadows were shifted to the left. I don't know why, because the standalone outliner app works perfectly for me with default settings.

I fixed that by copying outliner.ini to PVRplus directory.

The results:

* Shadows is a great idea and works like a charm. I am very happy with this new feature.

* However, I am not so happy with the bars. There is too much blinkering that wasn't there in the standalone outliner app and is very annoying. I am going to rename outliner.ini to see if this also happens without the settings set in that file.

Anyway, PVR+ 4.0 looks promising and I'll stick with it until PVR+ 4.1 is released.

If I see any other thing, I'll let U know.

BTW, any chance to add an option to mute only video, not audio?. For example, it would be useful to listen to radio stations broadcasting through DVB-T or to listen to music on the TV built-in media player...
geo650

Post by geo650 »

NOT RETRIEVED FROM ANY CACHE AFTER THIS ACCIDENT

I couldn't find next 2 or 3 (?) posts on any cache, so I wrote my answer again:

The problem with Outliner is that MediaPlay continuosly draws subtitles on the screen by flipping SDL surfaces. That's why "blinking" occurs. I have rebuilt Outliner module's function to minimize this effect but it is unavoidable. It is less visible on shadows mode than on bars mode. Anyway, in PVR+ 4.1 I made third mode for Outliner module making black outlines around letters and in my opinion that's the best one.

Muting video only: press MUTE once (audio mutes), then press and hold MUTE during 3 seconds (audio appears and then panel's backlight turns off).
baco81

Post by baco81 »

Hi Geo650! How everything goes?

Would it be possible to add an option to switch audio on PIP mode by just pressing one button? :roll:

BTW, I haven't found any additional issue on PVR+ 4.0. Very happy with the app, actually :)
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX
geo650

Post by geo650 »

Hello!
I don't know if I know ;) how to make it but your suggestion is added to TODO list. It should be easy to find corresponding exeDSP function.

I am making HUGE changes to the app. It is going to be the biggest update ever made to PVR+, I think. It will be more configureable so you will be able to assign desired function to some buttons much more freely.
PVR+ is developed almost every day, so please be patient. I want to make as many improvements as I could and test everything before releasing it. I am trying simultaneously to keep binary code size as small as it can be. It takes my time, too.

EDIT 2015-06-07: "toggle PIP sound source" function discovered and tested:

Code: Select all

#define CToolPipSoundSelevtValueEitem_PressLeftRightKey	_ZNK28CToolPipSoundSelectValueItem17PressLeftRightKeyEi
extern int _ZNK28CToolPipSoundSelectValueItem17PressLeftRightKeyEi(void *, int);
extern void *g_AppSpeaker;
int toggled = CToolPipSoundSelevtValueEitem_PressLeftRightKey(&g_AppSpeaker, 0);
;)
baco81

Post by baco81 »

Wow! These are excellent news!!

Thank you very much for the audio feature on PIP mode :D
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX
martinm76

Post by martinm76 »

This software is amazing! Thank you so much for doing it, geo650!
I don't suppose regwatch could be integrated into it (Possibly an option in the setup menu)?
(viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3023&start=10#p25425)

I love that I finally have a way to record the encrypted channels I pay for via my LE37B650 TV!
The options even seem to surpas the dedicated box my cable provider uses (had one for a while, but it crashed).

Now to see if I can get telnetd and a few other things to start automatically!
Looking forward to your innovations in 4.1!
martinm76

Post by martinm76 »

For my own benefit, and possibly others, to play back most (but not all) the recordings, the DCA module must first be loaded, or you can transfer the recordings to a PC and use VLC, mplayer and the like.

In my case, I had to remove the clmeta.dat and samygodca.png from the root of the drive to get a proper copy loaded onto the TV, otherwise it tried to copy the entire USB contents. It may conflict with SamyGO Extentions (at least on my first copy to the TV by hand it crashed with traces in pvrplus and more, but then I copied it the the CHILDREN menu because that was where it pointed to with the top level clmeta.dat in place. It is now in the game menu, where it seems to belong! ;)

I guess this will help with my UPnP playback of other TS sources, too. Yay!

There is only one package for DCA and it seems to work for both CI and CIP versions.
I used this version:
http://download.samygo.tv/B%20Series/Co ... bin.tar.gz (at some point it will probably end up in Old Releases), and in the end, I copied the samygodca directory to the USB, nothing above that level.

Return to “[B] Software”