SamyGO Extensions [v0.03.6]

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

SamyGO Extensions [v0.03.6]

Post by arris69 »

here
see README.txt for latest news

WIKI Page

wiki updated 15.Dec.2010: http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=S ... sions_Pack

Dec. 12.2010
virtual usb and wifi scripts fixed, see latest versions in svn CoreScript/trunk/ and InitScripts/trunk/ (i won't rebuild/upload hunderts of mb just for few script changes, so get it from svn)
  • 02_04_replace_wifi_mod.init.dis (rename to 02_04_replace_wifi_mod.init if you need it and configure CHANGE ME section)
  • 02_04_vusb.init (sets correct basedir for nw-mount points, independend from real usb storage device)
  • 03_03_djmount.init, 03_03_nfsmount.init and 04_04_samba.init use variables from vusb!!!
  • if you use 04_04_fusesmb.init -> you have to fix it, see in one of other nw-mount scripts.
  • don't forget to update CoreScript's too!!! (rcSGO and etc/rc.sysinit)
Nov. 21.2010
v0.03.6, new location in files section.
Changes:
  • due compability with c-series: if you start the extensions with storage media attached to tv your network shares are mounted on the usb-device into directories nfs, upnp, fusesmb and smb.
  • without storage device on tv you get "SamyGO Virt. USB" faked device with subdirs nfs, upnp, fusesmb and smb (think you have to change DEST_DIR in init-scripts also to point to /dtv/usb/sda/... and not to /dtv/usb/sda1/...)
  • ssh password: SamyGO, you can change password from ssh session

Code: Select all

passwd
  • midnight commander included (for what?) start it from ssh session with mc.sh not as mc
Sep. 16.2010
v0.03.5 bugfixed is in sf file section for testers
http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/ ... p/download
Changes:
  • dropped visual (so if you start it from content library, black screen for ~2 sec. and you are back to library manager)
  • all init scripts that needs configuration are disabled default, make your changes where you need it and rename the script from <whatewer>.init.dis into <whatewer>.init
  • "home phone script" SamyGO/etc/init.d/99_99_z_sendinfo.init. script is started just at first run, and mails some device/software informations to author (if tv has a working internet connection :roll: ). if you don't like to send this infos you can create an empty file in SamyGO directory with name noinfo.txt, but do this before you start the extensions.
  • added missing smbclient
  • dropbear use keyauth if /mtd_rwarea/authorized_keys is present (copy your ssh public-key into this file, don't try to use putty format keys)
  • added some tools like wget and unzip..
  • added injectso app for testing (SamyGO/etc/init.d/90_90_injectso.init.dis), don't forget to configure and rename!
Known Limitations / TODO for next release: Oct. 19. 2010
  • use other rt2570 wifi module -> idVendor = 0x2001, idProduct = 0x3c00 (d-link) probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -12
  • write proper script for wifi handling
  • add password and writable HOME to root account
  • add kernel and tools to update devices without network support
Jul. 22. 2010
v0.03.5 is in sf file section for testers.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/ ... p/download
Changes:
  • new buggy visual (if you have troubles with, you can replace libSamyGO.so with SamyGOE.so from older version, but name has to be libSamyGO.so)
  • bluetooth (transfer files to tv, pin is 0000), new entry under media.p/source Bluetooth Folder
  • hidp also included, so feel free to get you bt-keyboard/mouse to work, may you need SamyGO Mouse and Keyboard Modules v0.01.zip too
  • new samba (windows share) backend for expert configuration see: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FuseSmb
  • latest kernel modules and apps included
  • some scripts can read configuraton from files stored on /mtd_rwarea/<...>. luke, use the source!
Known Limitations / TODO for next release: Sep. 14. 2010
  • dropbearkey not shipped -> ssh-server won't start. (affects just users who use the extensions the first time)
    manual fix: copy SamyGO/opt/privateer/usr/sbin/dropbear to SamyGO/opt/privateer/usr/sbin/dropbearkey
Known Limitations / TODO for next release: Aug. 07. 2010
  • tv freeze/reboot if started from Content Gallery (temporary fix: use *.so file from older extensions / SamyGOE.so -> libSamyGO.so / )
  • 04_04_samba.init: can't enabled -> smbclient isn't shipped
  • 90_90_loadGameMains.init: not load apps if started from Content Gallery
  • 04_04_fusesmb.init: buggy, some times it is possible to play one movie but after navigation are blocked
  • limit of max. usb devices/mounts? so may you can't use all backends at the same time (UPNP,NFS,fusesmb,samba and bluetooth)
  • README files missing
  • Windows7 and Shares
Nov. 30. 2009
v0.03 is in file section http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/ ... p/download
Changes:
  • bigger timeouts (~27 sec. to realy detect all nw-recources)
  • usb-storage emulation
  • updated docs

Nov. 17. 2009
v0.02 is in file section http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/ ... p/download
Changes:
  • cosmetic stuff
  • mount detection
  • updated docs
hi,

before i put it into the files section pls. test and report.

unzip and put the SamyGO directory to usb -> and you know gallery -> games
pls also take a look at the readme files
if you want to copy it to your tvs flash you need 8MB free place.

important if you want to use samba/windows shares: set username and password in

SamyGO/etc/init.d/04_04_samba.init
if you won't use samba/windows shares you also can delete the file

SamyGO/etc/init.d/04_04_samba.init
if you won't use nfs shares you also can delete the file

SamyGO/etc/init.d/03_03_nfsmount.init
if you won't use upnp shares you also can delete the files

SamyGO/etc/init.d/03_01_fuse.init
SamyGO/etc/init.d/03_03_djmount.init
if you just want to use telnet, delete (out of the box ssh will be enabled not telnet!)

SamyGO/etc/rc.sysinit
unsquashfs, mksquashfs and cr32 generataor (cksfv) also included.
after you login you can

source /dtv/SGO.env
to get PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH set for working with tools

http://linux.zsolttech.com/Samsung/Samy ... .02-rc.zip

have fun
arris

Limitations:
  • you usb device must be formated with vfat filesystem
  • to access the mounted network shares from tvs content menu, you have to plug an usb-storage device to tv
  • on LE series may the copy function to flash is disabled, you can maualy copy the SamyGO directory to /mtd_tlib/GGame

cp -a /dtv/usb/sda/SamyGO /mtd_tlib/GGame/
    , but don't forget point above ;)
[/list]
Last edited by arris69 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Reason: script updates
aquadran

Re: SamyGO Extensions (rc for testing)

Post by aquadran »

Could you add modules and setup code for support keyboard and mouse ?
Modules are here http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67#p388
In my setup tool I have such thing to setup things:
system("insmod /dtv/usb/sda1/modules/usbhid.ko");
system("insmod /dtv/usb/sda1/modules/evdev.ko");

mkdir("/dtv/usb/dev", S_IRWXU | S_IRWXG | S_IRWXO);
mkdir("/dtv/usb/dev/input", S_IRWXU | S_IRWXG | S_IRWXO);
for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
char cmd[100];
sprintf(cmd, "mknod /dtv/usb/dev/input/event%d c 13 %d", i, 64 + i);
system(cmd);
sprintf(cmd, "mknod /dtv/usb/dev/input/mouse%d c 13 %d", i, 32 + i);
system(cmd);
}

However mouse device nodes I didn't tested yet.
arris69

Post by arris69 »

aquadran wrote:Could you add modules and setup code for support keyboard and mouse ?...
kernel modules automaticaly loaded from directory SamyGO/lib/modules/

if you need device files pls. provide an init script (take insperation from SamyGO/etc/init.d/*.init ;) ) . if people report successful testing
we can put it in.

arris
jojomail

Post by jojomail »

I've tested it.
Telnet works well. Samba and upnp mounting too.
I need more time to understand how to enable ssh. And how to add rt2870sta.ko and rt73.ko modules...

There's one thing that doesn't work for me : the yellow button ! I really don't understand what this yellow button is supposed to do... I thought it was to copy Samygo Extensions in the TV memory, but nothing happens for me. My tv is le37b651 and there is 24mb/189mb free tv memory according to what i see in content library management.

Have i missed something ?
arris69

Post by arris69 »

father-mande wrote:...

Do you think that it's possible to study, to have a part or all of your source code ... i am very impress and I am sure to learn a lot.

Thanks again.

Philippe.
NB; I just try to do some small modification in your script to adapt it to my own requirement and network ...
in samba and nfs init-script you can set the variable SERVER to your prefered ip, but the scripts have
autodetection rutines for samba/windows and nfs server in the same subnet.

the starter library comes from the sample program at http://www.friedspace.com/cprogramming/sdlscreen.php
i just dropped out the SDL_Event and keypress stuff as aquadran wrote not all remote keys will be passed to
the SDL_Event-layer.
the other binaries came from samba nfsutils core-utils etc. some of them are patched for arm architekture some are unchanged
i builded it with openembedded

hth
arris
arris69

Post by arris69 »

msurg wrote:...
I only want that NFS share will be automounted from USB stick on original firmware at least when I select SamyGO in content. Anyway to do this only?
I don't want to patch it because of warranty issues.
Regards
you can safe delete files from the directory on your usb-pen

SamyGO/etc/init.d/
if you just want nfs delete

03_01_fuse.init
03_03_sshd.init
03_03_djmount.init
04_04_samba.init
99_99_start_exeDSP.init.disabled_by_default_to_protect_the_innocent
hth
arris
arris69

Post by arris69 »

jojomail wrote:I've tested it.
Telnet works well. Samba and upnp mounting too.
I need more time to understand how to enable ssh. And how to add rt2870sta.ko and rt73.ko modules...

There's one thing that doesn't work for me : the yellow button ! I really don't understand what this yellow button is supposed to do... I thought it was to copy Samygo Extensions in the TV memory, but nothing happens for me. My tv is le37b651 and there is 24mb/189mb free tv memory according to what i see in content library management.

Have i missed something ?
yellow button: if you go to content -> setup (this is on my tv UExxB7020 a www logo, may menu entry right is outside of screen)
then select usb -> games -> SamyGO Extensions, than you can mark with the yellow button on remote. if you now
press ok the menu entry is named "copy to flash" (free translation, hawe the menu in german ;) ) and not play.

due ssh: "should" start automaticaly, at the first start it may needs some time (key generation), if you can telnet to
tv you can check

ps | grep drop
sould out put somthing with dropbear
or

netstat -a
and look for port 22, like:

tcp        0      0 *:22                    *:*                     LISTEN
for the nw modules you can follow instructions from http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68
and put them into boot.img
there is also possible to put the modules into SamyGO Extensions structure, but you have to write a script
for shutdown nw interface unload original module load new module and bring up nw interface.

hth
arris

Return to “[B] Software”