And we cannot capture video stream from "screen". We don't have a enough bandwidth to move that uncompressed stream out to Ethernet port nor CPU power to encode this stream.
Unlike geo650, I can say never here.
(Just for provoking someone to do proof-of-concept application.
Yeah, I think that's deep in the dreaming category.. no built-in hardware video codec in B-series (there is dedicated encoder chip in C-Series models with PVR fuctionality, AFAIK).
However, general purpose screen capture (just stills, no video, but in native panel resolution) is possible; such functionality seems to be allready implemented in Samsung firmware. Here is a little app, with sources, for testing those functions.
It's far from ideal (just for testing; maybe geo650, if interested, can develop more user friendly version in the future ?).
- key "5" captures main screen with mixed-in upscaled OSD overlay plane[s],
- key "6" captures just the main picture, without overlay plane,
- keys "7", "8" - like "5" nad "6", but for secondary screen (currently not really working as expected; more research is needed re calling conventions);
- screen freezes for the fraction of a second when image is captured (that's how it works on hardware level, I belive),
- destination path is hard coded (/dtv/usb/sda1/ );
- saved images are rotated by 180 degrees ( I was just to lazy to fix that),
- looks like it captures post-processed, final (?) screen output (ie. RGB levels allready affected by user brightness/contrast/picture mode settings).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.