UA40ES6100JXZK

Here is information about customize your E series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

mankauzu

UA40ES6100JXZK

Post by mankauzu »

Hello team... Yesternight was updating firmware of my tv AU40ES6100 ...soon after finishing. my tv automatically went off /on showing Samsung Logo only it doesn't proceed further. .. i can't access Service Menu. .so please help me to return my tv to the old working ..as i believe this issue is because of the update...because after chatting with Samsung they said i installed a wrong firmware of hong kong while my tv is from China.
Am so new to these Smart Tv so please assist :roll:
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UA40ES6100JXZK

Post by juusso »

Hi, this is known samsung`s issue, they MUST accept TV for free repair despite of warranty period is over. TV must NOT accept different firmware. Simple as that. And IMO here is no difference for firmwares aimed for HongKong and China mainland because firmwares are REGION specific, not country-side. So you can argue and insist for repair as the firmware upgrade failure and brick was caused by lack of security mechanisms on TV firmware itself. Or by lack of knowledge and accuracy of samsung firmware ingeneers. We do have a lot of bricks after firmware upgrades.

But i bet you get no help from samsung. THis is normal behaviour of this company - total ingnorance of existing customers.

And at the end - as the REGION is the same, you could apply eeprom reset procedure ( described on wiki). I hardly believe you will succeed, but who knows, the hope dies the last and you lose nothing. Then if no success, only mainboard replacement helps. Good luck.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
mankauzu

Post by mankauzu »

Dear Juuso,why do you believe i will hardly succeed? Is it because the procedures are complicated or no one who has ever succeeded?
Am from Tanzania (East Africa ) out here we don't have engineers like you who can fix these issues with smart tv,so i beg you to assist me because am not in a position to buy a new tv .
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I think you can try eeprom reset, BUT the chance is really poor it will solve your problem. This was what i've meant.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

mankauzu

Post by mankauzu »

Thanks, i have gone through eeprom reset process, really need someone who has done it before. So i will visit Samsung centre and see what will advise
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

You can do this procedure by yourself, check wiki. The principles are explaned here: https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... PROM_Reset
but we do not have info about your TV model. But i suggest you to do some detail mainboard inspection and perhaps you will find everything by yourself. Some hi-res pictures or written down labels of 8-leg chips could help us to tell you which IC is so called SoC eeprom to make procedure on.

mankauzu

Post by mankauzu »

Dear juusso, thanks ,i will take some few pictures and share here before i proceed further
mankauzu

Post by mankauzu »

download/file.php?id=9306&mode=view
Picture of my tv's IC. Please assist and let me know if soldering will be required.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Exactly. This is what we looked for. Connect SDA and GND using piece of wire or paper- clip. No need to solder anything.

Refer to wiki for more details.

mankauzu

Post by mankauzu »

😢😢 i connected SDA and GND for 20sec while tv is on but didn't help, i repeated while see what is displayed on the screen and found Samsung logo has gone upsidedown ..so far no positive changes .. any other options ?

Return to “[E] Firmware”