E-Series Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Here is information about customize your E series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

roma77roma

Re: E-Series Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by roma77roma »

Hi Ocean many thanks for your help,
i tried this method and now i have installed samygo but it doesn't work. i have the samygo-e on smart hub and when I start it I receive the message "samygo installed! press return to exit." But i don't see any virtual usb on source or allshare play :(
why? where i wrong?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Skype is installed?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
roma77roma

Post by roma77roma »

juuso wrote:Skype is installed?
yes yes is installed i read that after samygo installation sky doesn't work but the sky work fine :( and samygo doesn't work.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

This is wrong topic to resolve your problem.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
bitboy0

Post by bitboy0 »

UE32ES6760
Actual FW is T-MST10PDEUC-1036.0,BT-G

If I change the DNS to the Number from the start-post there is no internet anymore. (may normal)
If I try UPDATE anyway -> "800 Recource - ERROR"

I tried 8.8.8.8 just to check if other dns is working. Then of course your FW is not available, but the connection works normal.

So there is no FW for my device or another problem?

regards

PS: I just look out for a way to view recorded TV on PC later ... DeSTROi doesn't work with E-series as I read here ... If there is a way without modified FW please tell me.
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

bitboy0 wrote:I just look out for a way to view recorded TV on PC later ... DeSTROi doesn't work with E-series as I read here ... If there is a way without modified FW please tell me.
Sorry. Samsung changed the game when they introduced the E-series (which means this is true for the F-series too) ..

Before the E-series the Destroi tool was able to extract keys from the .mdb file that was created by the TV for each recording.
Beginning with the E-series the key is no longer present in the .mdb file, and thus Destroi fails to get a valid key.
The Destroi keygrabber-module is also obsoleted by the new algorithm used by Samsung.

The key is now contained inside the .ss (Secure Storage) that was created by the TV for each recording.
This "secure storage" is strongly encrypted by secure hardware inside TV, and there is simply no way to
retrieve this "master key" used to create the .ss files containing the keys we need to decrypt recordings.

So, the "Destroi approach" is no longer possible. So sorry.

Brilliant minds in the SamyGO community have come up with an elegant solution.

Hooking into a number of functions inside the TV, it is possible to trick TV into thinking that
some recording is about to be played, and the secure crypto-engine inside the TV calculate the needed
key for playback, and return it to the playback-engine of the TV .. At THAT point the key gets copied to a .key file for
later use (by us), and TV is tricked into thinking playback was done successfully .. Net result .. you now have the bloody key :-)

OK, count the number of times I said "inside TV", or similar words in the above .. :-)

Yes, root is mandatory for E and F-series .. No off-line attack is currently possible.
The secure storage technology used is a "hard" problem to circumvent.

You may see/use an example of the rooted solution here: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=6511

Best of luck with your TV :lol:
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.

Return to “[E] Firmware”