E-Series Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Here is information about customize your E series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: E-Series Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by arris69 »

MSG wrote:Hello,

I tried all the steps for downgrading from post #1 several times, but my ES7090 with firmware 1018 always displays "no new update found".
Could you please check on that.
Thanks a lot
pls. read the 1 post in this thread... and check on samsung site what firmware your device uses. :roll:
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

bigbadbilly wrote:Hi I am new to this, i have tried my tv and get a no firmware found error.
Can you update witha firmware for me?
Ue40eh5000 T-MSXDEUCIP-1000 ,

This is the noon smart version so please tell me ifi an wasting my time.. All i really want is the android remote control....?
yes, you waste your time.
just as note: your firmware should be T-MST9DEUC and not T-MSXDEUCIP
superb1

Post by superb1 »

Hi Arris has T-ECPUABC been updated yet with your patch?
MSG

Post by MSG »

arris69 wrote:
MSG wrote:Hello,

I tried all the steps for downgrading from post #1 several times, but my ES7090 with firmware 1018 always displays "no new update found".
Could you please check on that.
Thanks a lot
pls. read the 1 post in this thread... and check on samsung site what firmware your device uses. :roll:
That's what I already did: it uses T-ECPDEUC-1018.
I changed DNS,
switched TV off and again on,
firmware update is enabled,
started firmware-update check from menu= no new firmware!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I think you haven`t understood, firmware is reserved for developers only.
Prepared SamyGO Patched Firmwares on Server (telnetd started at boot, debugger included. reserved for developer, enable per user request for DUID):

T-ECPDEUC (success: verified)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Vronsky

Post by Vronsky »

All,
Changed the address of the primary (secondary: empty) DNS server on my router to the specified numbers: TV screen however displays error code 0800 ...
Cann't figure out what's wrong, any suggestions ??

Is procedure possible by USB as well ?
Want to downgrade to 1017 from 1028: certification of smartcard is based on 1017, all my HD-channels are now encoded.

MUCHO THANKS,
V.
UE32ES6530 fw DEUC-1017.1
Jared

Re: Firmware Downgrade E-Series (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by Jared »

Thanks for the detailed instructions. It took me a while to realise my TV had to be off to enter the OTN mode.

Unfortunately I still can't get the custom firmware (I don't even know if some exists for my TV).

I have a EH5306 and when I enter the custom DNS settings the TV can't connect to the internet.

Is this because my TV isn't supported yet?

Can I load the firmware via USB instead?
nwik

Post by nwik »

Jared wrote:Thanks for the detailed instructions. It took me a while to realise my TV had to be off to enter the OTN mode.

Unfortunately I still can't get the custom firmware (I don't even know if some exists for my TV).

I have a EH5306 and when I enter the custom DNS settings the TV can't connect to the internet.

You can not access the internet when pointing your DNS to the samygo server since that does not provide real DNS service. It only gives the possibility to point the toTV update software another firmware than Samsung official.
Jared

Post by Jared »

nwik wrote:
Jared wrote:Thanks for the detailed instructions. It took me a while to realise my TV had to be off to enter the OTN mode.

You can not access the internet when pointing your DNS to the samygo server since that does not provide real DNS service. It only gives the possibility to point the toTV update software another firmware than Samsung official.
Thanks for the fast reply.

I changed the DNS settings on my router
I turned the TV off and on
Then when I go to update the Software it is 'greyed out' and I cannot select it.
keyvanp

Post by keyvanp »

Hi,

I have a UN60ES8000 and when I follow the steps in the 1st post, the TV reports "No new updates"

the current tv's firmware is T-ECPAKUC-1031.0

Any chance on adding support for this TV model or helping me with why I can't downgrade FIRMWARE so I can use SamyGo modifications?

Thank you very much

Return to “[E] Firmware”