E-Series Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Here is information about customize your E series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

mamo

Re: Firmware Downgrade E-Series (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by mamo »

@bavay
SamyGo Extentions installed by Widget only works on D-Series TV. (yet)

For E-Series just T-ECPDEUC Firmware is provided yet.
Prepared SamyGO Patched Firmwares on Server (telnetd started at boot, debugger included. reserved for developer, enable per user request for DUID):
T-ECPDEUC (success: verified)

Prepared Samsung Firmware on Server (original, just for downgrade):
T-ECPAKUC (success: verified)
T-MST10PDEUC (success: verified)
To Start SamyGo Extentions on E-Series look here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4179#p34729
arris69 wrote:extensions pack for e-series (commandline tools, libs for devs) at http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/ ... RM%20CPUs/

you can use it from usb, start it from telnet session with SammyGO-Patched firmware (you can find description on wiki)

dont f..k around with the kernel modules, at start the correct version will be copied to the correct place...
Best Regards
mamo

Samsung UE46ES8090 / T-ECPDEUC-2011.1 / SamyGO Extensions
bavay

Post by bavay »

Ok, so I guess I get it... Unless I request the patch firmware, I won't have any telnet access (as I noticed that no extra port is open), therefore I won't be able to start the SamyGO Extensions. So I either request the patch firmware or I wait until a patched version or an Extension pack that can root the E series is released.

Do I get it right?
Thanks!
Mathias
figaromuz

Post by figaromuz »

bavay wrote:For information: I have an E series, 5700 model (model number: ue32 es 5700 sxzg). I was able to revert to the provided, older firmware. When I install the SamyGO Extensions, the TV properly downloads it but fails during the installation with the message: "Failed to install. For more information, visit http://www.samsungforum.com/Support/TVAppsSecurity"And by the way, it only downloads 1 app.

So, it seems that the 5700 is not rooted yet!
Mathias
Same for me. Model is UE26EH4610.
(FR) [UE26EH4510], official samsung firmware 001023
Nero88

Post by Nero88 »

figaromuz wrote:
bavay wrote:For information: I have an E series, 5700 model (model number: ue32 es 5700 sxzg). I was able to revert to the provided, older firmware. When I install the SamyGO Extensions, the TV properly downloads it but fails during the installation with the message: "Failed to install. For more information, visit http://www.samsungforum.com/Support/TVAppsSecurity"And by the way, it only downloads 1 app.

Mathias
I have the same problem with a UE40ES6100 ... :(
jakas83

Re: E-Series Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by jakas83 »

figaromuz ra??:
bavay ra??:
For information: I have an E series, 5700 model (model number: ue32 es 5700 sxzg). I was able to revert to the provided, older firmware. When I install the SamyGO Extensions, the TV properly downloads it but fails during the installation with the message: "Failed to install. For more information, visit http://www.samsungforum.com/Support/TVAppsSecurity"And by the way, it only downloads 1 app.

Mathias

Same for me too Model is UE32EH5300.
vasilicaion

Post by vasilicaion »

Hi

I have a ue40es6500. It currently is at 1027 and I see that 1028.2 is already out, so it seems Samsung is working a lot :)

I'm not sure what I need to make it work as it used to. Here is my problem...

If I remember well, when it was at 1014 and YouTube at some version which I don't remember, everything was fine: Romanian characters where displayed ok inside YouTube app, YouTube app was capable of fastforward.
After some update, not sure if firmware or just YouTube, Romanian characters from YouTube app are removed if the TV language is set to Romanian. Thus, the Romanian equivalent of SEARCH is C?UTA?I, only that the Tv shows now CUTAI, thus 2 letters removed.
The second problem is that the fastforward action of YouTube (currently at 1.059) app is not working anymore - and many people on the Internet are having this problem.

I'm pretty sure that fastforward is an YouTube application issue, but for the Romanian characters I would bet on the firmware

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot !!!
Kitsok

Post by Kitsok »

Hello!

I've tried to downgrade the firmware (from 1020) on 46ES8007 using the instructions on the first page.
After very short time and (according to tcpdump on the router) some traffic between the TV and 46.4.199.222, I got "800 resource error".

Thank you!
faSSt

Post by faSSt »

Kitsok wrote:Hello!

I've tried to downgrade the firmware (from 1020) on 46ES8007 using the instructions on the first page.
After very short time and (according to tcpdump on the router) some traffic between the TV and 46.4.199.222, I got "800 resource error".

Thank you!
Same error here, from 1020, 46ES8005.
bigbadbilly

Post by bigbadbilly »

Hi I am new to this, i have tried my tv and get a no firmware found error.
Can you update witha firmware for me?
Ue40eh5000 T-MSXDEUCIP-1000 ,

This is the noon smart version so please tell me ifi an wasting my time.. All i really want is the android remote control....?
MSG

Post by MSG »

Hello,

I tried all the steps for downgrading from post #1 several times, but my ES7090 with firmware 1018 always displays "no new update found".
Could you please check on that.
Thanks a lot

Return to “[E] Firmware”