E-Series Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Here is information about customize your E series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

superb1

Re: Firmware Downgrade E-Series (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by superb1 »

Hi Arris is it possible to patch latest firmware 1014.3 for T-ECPUABC http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model ... downloads#
i have found this to fix the bugs i was having in earlier firmwares "tv responds alot faster and no freezing"
sorry to post in wrong thread
bavay

Post by bavay »

I dwongraded my ES5700 Today (no problems, everything went well) using the fake DNS. The problem is that I have now lost all internet connection from the TV. Any idea what it could be?

When I go to the network settings, it works well, receives its IP and show that the connection to the internet works. When I start an application that needs to connect to the internet (like youtube player), it returns an error (after a time out): ERROR_MODEL_BIND

Mathias
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

bavay wrote:I dwongraded my ES5700 Today (no problems, everything went well) using the fake DNS. The problem is that I have now lost all internet connection from the TV. Any idea what it could be?

When I go to the network settings, it works well, receives its IP and show that the connection to the internet works. When I start an application that needs to connect to the internet (like youtube player), it returns an error (after a time out): ERROR_MODEL_BIND

Mathias
set the dns back to your "normal" and restart tv (in worst case make a factory reset)
alex3333

Post by alex3333 »

Well done Arris69! Please hack the T-MST10PDEUC fw.
bavay

Post by bavay »

To arris69:

Of course I reverted my DNS back to normal! After ~12 hours, I decided to go for the factory reset, and discovered that the apps were now working again. The "update software" menu entry had been greyed out since I downgraded the firmware, and it was back to normal (ie, selectable). So there must be some vicious buffers somewhere that got cleared after enough time...

Thanks anyway!
Mathias
Tammoro

Post by Tammoro »

Hi All!
I am new to the forum, as I just received my UE40ES6300 recently. As I got it, I upgraded the firmware from Samsung to the latest one 1026. But still had some problems playing back some mp4 files with the AVC codec.
Today I found the forum, and downgraded the firmware to this one following the steps on the first page. After downgrading noticed the the matroska files are no longer supported, so I reflashed the 1026 firmware, and unfortunately the situation is still the same. Any ideas? How could I re-enable those codecs?

Thank you,
Tammoro
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

We don`t change anything in firmwares, we just let you install lower firmwares from samsung`s servers. Not playable matroshka is some magic, no advice at this time. I believe factory reset does not help you, pls ask on samsung service. (no matroshka after upgrade to 1026)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Tammoro

Post by Tammoro »

Thank you for the answer. Just realised, the problem was that I used a wired connection instead of wireless. Now I switched back to wireless, and now it's working fine. Strange, probably there is a conflict with the router or the media server.
Cheers,
Tammoro
bavay

Post by bavay »

For information: I have an E series, 5700 model (model number: ue32 es 5700 sxzg). I was able to revert to the provided, older firmware. When I install the SamyGO Extensions, the TV properly downloads it but fails during the installation with the message: "Failed to install. For more information, visit http://www.samsungforum.com/Support/TVAppsSecurity"And by the way, it only downloads 1 app.

So, it seems that the 5700 is not rooted yet!
Mathias
bavay

Post by bavay »

Since I had to search a little bit before getting all the information about how to install SamyGO on my ES 5700 TV, here is an overview of what I did to make it work (maybe it could added to the wiki?)

0. Pre-check: make sure the in the service menu, OTN is enabled (On The Network update?)
- press the following keys, within 3 seconds to get to the (hidden) service menu:
[MENU] [MUTE] [POWER]
- navigate in the menu using the up/down and right arrow
- navigate to control > sub menu > option_SWU to find the OTN options. Make sure OTN_support is set to ON
- press [POWER] to exit the service menu and restart the TV

1. Tweak your DNS
- on your router, set the DNS to 46.4.199.222
- switch TV off and on again
- from the main menu (accessible through the [MENU] key), go to help > software updates and check for available updates
- install firmware if it detects one - If you get an error at 90% of the install process, turn the tv off for 3 minutes and try again
- if no firmware is shown, report it to SamyGO forums
- disable further software updates
- turn TV off
- set your DNS back to normal!

2. Create a developer account
- enter SmartHub (by pressing the SmartHub button on the remote)
- go to Settings (or press the blue [D] key)
- either select "Create an account" or directly go to login
- type develop as login
- give 111111 as password
- exit SmartHub and reboot the TV

3. Install SamyGO Extension Pack
- enter SmartHub
- go to login (or press the red [A] button) and login as developer
- go to settings (or press the blue [D] button], then Development > Setting Server IP
- set the server ip to 46.4.199.222
- select User Application Synchronization and wait until the TV installs the extension. This will deletes all previous "local", developer widgets!
- exit developer menu and SmartHub
- go back to SmartHub and run the new SamyGO application

Return to “[E] Firmware”