ES series internal bluetooth and wifi hardware install and enable

This forum is for information related with E series hardware.

roolis

ES series internal bluetooth and wifi hardware install and enable

Post by roolis »

Hello all,i am new registered,but not new here,i was reading forum for few years already,didnt have to ask anything,cause all i needed found.
But this time i need some advice,inspired with this topic viewtopic.php?t=7229 ,i decided to try it on my UE46ES5505,cause i want to use touchpad Samsung remote,voice control and have BT compactability.I have opened my tv and took a look.With help of Google,found,that on such Main board,BT module is like this
SpoilerShow
,so what is needed is to get BT module and cable,cause my tv has the same switch as in this photo
SpoilerShow
,but cable that goes to main board is only for power switch,BT pins are ofcourse free and no connector,maby somebody were making such reasearch with BT enable on ES series,then i would like to hear something about it,cause i am about to order BT module,just cant get cable,but there are pins marked on Main board and switch,but dont know BT module pins,otherwise,i could just pin the cable myself,i could get some connectors from my friend,who has a lot tv spare parts.There are some options for bluetooth settings in Service menu,but first needs BT module installed,before playing with settings,here are some photos of my opened tv for reference,any info and help is very welcome.
Main board
https://www.dropbox.com/s/epjd37l8bv3i8 ... D.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpjmodz23hzpn ... D.jpg?dl=0
CN1201(power switch and BT) connector pinout
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vw3ggxorsh88 ... D.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3gciey5swhct ... D.jpg?dl=0
Last edited by roolis on Thu May 21, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roolis

Re: ES series internal bluetooth hardware install and enable

Post by roolis »

some fast update,what i found out,that this set would go bolt on ES series,my tv case even has a place for exactly this one
SpoilerShow
i am going to order it and make a try,so it will be only thing to enable it in service menu,will update after a try,but if somebody have some important info about it,please,just share it
roolis

Re: ES series internal bluetooth and wifi hardware install and enable

Post by roolis »

so ordered pwr switch with harness and BT module,also got wifi internal module for cheap from same set,so thought will give it a try.I have extended my service menu with IR code and i can see all BT enable settings,aswell wifi enable with choise,what type wifi is used,as external or internal.Found a place for wifi module socket,tested and found out,that no 5v are present,but as we see in photo
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r29vm93b5vi4k ... 7.jpg?dl=0
,there is a place for diod or resistor and after that i have 5V,dont think that it has to be resistor,as i think module needs 5V,so diod is mostly needed,as a polarity protection,but correct me if i am wrong,maby somebody have a photo of similar main board,to see what is around wifi socket,cause there are more connectors for solding,maby needs something more to solder,here is my main board photo one more time:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6vlvjyuwt3wq ... 8.jpg?dl=0
please,can somebody make some light on this?
roolis

Post by roolis »

just figured out,what kind of components have to be around wifi socket,so i dont see a problem,why it cant work,also found a blank space for third USB socket,cause my tv has 2 on the side together with one HDMI,other 2 hdmi are on the back,so close to them is USB prepared place,so i am going to make one more,as i am already going to work with mainboard,also some diods and capasitors will be needed and to change USB quantity in service menu,now its set to 2 ofcourse.
Nobody have any suggestions for all my work?nobody tried something like this with BT,WIFI and USB even on similar models?i saw,that ES5700 and ES6100 use the same mainboard,maby even ES6300
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

I doubt many users are willing to put their soldering iron on an expensive board, but good luck to you! It sounds interesting!
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
RypeDub

Post by RypeDub »

I highly encourage you to try this.

If you don't already have practice soldering components, you should pick up some do-it-your-self electronics and hone your skill there before trying it on your TV.

I have a Laptop that I soldered on a new 50 pin LCD connector and some capacitors and resistors and a few other electronics that I forget the name of.

I did this so that I could use the 3d 120Hz panels ;D instead of the stock panel that only runs at 60Hz but overclockable to 100Hz.
55" Samsung 4K uHD Smart TV Model Number UN55HU6830 Running Firmware Version T-NT14UAKUC-1130.8

Rooted ;)
roolis

Post by roolis »

no problem for me with soldering,i am car electric,have professional solder station with hot air,and on TV its not huge pin connectors have to be soldered,i would never start solder these 15 or more pin connectors myself,cause i am not that good for them,but the ones that i am about to solder are pretty easy,they are far from each other
RypeDub

Post by RypeDub »

Go for it man! As long as you are sure where to solder on the additional electronics and the modules: I support you.

I'd give you soldering advice, but it seems like you already have it, as for anything else: ENSURE that the models you are adding will have drivers already for your TV or see if you can obtain them from another tv / make them your self if they don't work once they are soldered in.
55" Samsung 4K uHD Smart TV Model Number UN55HU6830 Running Firmware Version T-NT14UAKUC-1130.8

Rooted ;)
roolis

Post by roolis »

we will see,as in other topic,the guy just soldered BT and enabled it in SM and it works,i dont need to solder anything for it,cause its plug and play,so will see fast.Wifi is also should work,cause no chips has to be installed,just the socket is missing and since tv has support for external wifi,why it shouldnt work when i choose internal in SM,but will know 100% when i make it,with USB was everything the same as with WIFI,but then i found 5 pin chip place,so thats a bit tricky,but i will go to my friend,who is TV fixing guy,so he has a lot spare mainboards,shame that he dont have anything from E series,but he said that it should be socket for wifi,cause its usual one,diods and capasitors are the least problem,its plenty of them in stock.
Now i have a lot info,just need to get ordered stuff to start works,will inform you.
roolis

Post by roolis »

RypeDub wrote:Go for it man! As long as you are sure where to solder on the additional electronics and the modules: I support you.

I'd give you soldering advice, but it seems like you already have it, as for anything else: ENSURE that the models you are adding will have drivers already for your TV or see if you can obtain them from another tv / make them your self if they don't work once they are soldered in.
forgot to thank you for your support and have one more quaestion,since these models have the same processor and firmware ES5500 -> ?S6800 (Edge Led) T-MST10PDEUC-1005.2 X10 MStar X10 900Mhz and i am using components from ES6500,does it mean,that my tv have same drivers,because of same firmware,just some settings in SM are disabled,because of not installed components like BT and etc?
Cant wait to get my ordered stuff and install them,but it will arrive in 2 or 3 weeks,so in that time,i want to collect all needed info,to be prepared as much as it is possible

Return to “[E] Hardware”