UE46ES6710 won't connect to network

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

silvium

Re: UE46ES6710 won't connect to network

Post by silvium »

notengo13 wrote:You can try to open the TV disconnect and reconnect the cables from motherboard like wifi module. and fasten the screws.
Hmmm.. I feel more comfortable disassembling PCs rather than TV sets :) I am not familiar with TV components/hardware. I would like to try this as last resort. Thanks for the suggestion.
Meatballs

Post by Meatballs »

Is the cable OK?

Remove the cable from the router, connect it to the TV, switch the TV on, and then connect it to the router again, is the LINK led on?
Is there a link at all?
silvium

Post by silvium »

Meatballs wrote:Is the cable OK?

Remove the cable from the router, connect it to the TV, switch the TV on, and then connect it to the router again, is the LINK led on?
Is there a link at all?
I am trying to connect via WiFi. I connected a repeater to router via WiFi. Then I connected the TV to the repeated via LAN and it doesn't recognize the connection.

I can't connect the TV directly to router via LAN as the only DSL socket where the router is plugged, is in a different room.

More likely is something wrong with the TV itself. That's why I asked if someone could give me some print screens from the service menu or suggest to check some settings there. :roll:

I will try to find a service handbook and open the TV and "play" with the Ethernet/WLAN adapter.
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

:oops:
silvium wrote:
notengo13 wrote:You can try to open the TV disconnect and reconnect the cables from motherboard like wifi module. and fasten the screws.
Hmmm.. I feel more comfortable disassembling PCs rather than TV sets :) I am not familiar with TV components/hardware. I would like to try this as last resort. Thanks for the suggestion.

It's just about screws (10 or 15). The same way like PC's. The components inside TV get warm and cold and with time can pass that slowly got unplug ( don't know how to write in english) or they have bad contact with board, and they need to be reconnect and screws need some retightening.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
meiser
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by meiser »

I had the same issue. The solution for me was to change "Wifi Region" from "E" to "A" in the service menu.
silvium

Post by silvium »

meiser wrote:I had the same issue. The solution for me was to change "Wifi Region" from "E" to "A" in the service menu.
Where are you located? Does E come from Europe and A from America, or it has no relation? :?
meiser
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by meiser »

I don't know exactly what these letters mean. I'm from Europe and had to change to A.
silvium

Post by silvium »

I give up! I think I will start opening the TV and taking a look inside. :cry:

I switched the WiFi Region to "A" and no change. Strange though, before and after changing the WiFi Region, I used several routers/hot spots to connect (without a password) and I managed to connect only to a TP-Link Extender, but not further to the main router/internet. With other hot spots it didn't work at all.

@Meiser: if you have the same TV set and living in EU (like me) would be a possibility for you to send me some print screens of your service menu to compare with my settings? More specifically, the settings in SVC and Control - SubOption. Or the other way around, me sending you the print screens.

Thanks!
silvium

Post by silvium »

Oh well.. I did disconnect and reconnect the cables from motherboard like WiFi module. It didn't help :x

I ordered a new WiFi module but I doubt that will change anything, as the TV can "see" all WiFi routers in the neighborhood. Therefore, I can only assume that the WiFi module works.

I also cross-checked the settings from the service menu on my TV with the UExxES68xxx service menu handbook. All good.

I also played with the WiFi region: A and E.

I used different routers, without passwords and it still can't connect. The TV can see the routers but it can't connect :cry:

Any other suggestions? :(
notengo13 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:54 pm :oops:
silvium wrote:

It's just about screws (10 or 15). The same way like PC's. The components inside TV get warm and cold and with time can pass that slowly got unplug ( don't know how to write in english) or they have bad contact with board, and they need to be reconnect and screws need some retightening.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

silvium wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:16 pm Any other suggestions? :(
Wire, or cheap Chinese wireless Ethernet bridge :)
These E always had problems with built-in Wifi...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[E] Support”