[SOLVED] Es8000 remote stop working after firmware upgrade

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

msa2017

[SOLVED] Es8000 remote stop working after firmware upgrade

Post by msa2017 »

Hi,

I know, never update firmware, but.... :oops:

Sorry for my english...
Before the upgrade, I root the tv with samygo, downgraded firmware from 2022 to 1012, I played with ssh and some xml config through ftp, but I needed to use plex client, and without firmware update, not work. For this reason, I downloaded the version 2003 (I'm not sure), put the pendrive, start upgrade... and now... tv start, but after 10 sec, I can't do nothing... remote not work, manual controller on backside not work, no shutdown possible. If I start in Service Menu, I arrive at "reset" button, but I can't do nothing... tv stop working.

Th tv is briked? Reset eeprom will help?
Wht I can do?

Thanks
Last edited by msa2017 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Es8000 remote stop working after firmware upgrade

Post by zoelechat »

Surely EEPROM reset would help, but first try to be quick enough to validate Factory Reset from service menu (->OKOKOK... retry several times if needed). You shouldn't have downgraded so low, often eeprom contents is incompatible between distant firmwares, hence crash.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
msa2017

Post by msa2017 »

Thanks for quickly rep! I'tried to do the factory reset (swu reset) from service menu, with several OK press. Every time the tv stop to respond.

After one reboot, I've look on service menu, and seems something was changed, because now I see OTN support set ON, before was disabled by me. This means the reset was done?

Tomorrow or asap, I will try to do the reset of EEPROM, but, I want ask to you, I need to take some photo of service menu conf before the reset? Or identify the panel model is sufficent?

Many thanks
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

SWU reset? Who told? I'm talking about "Factory Reset", it's first option of first entry of service menu, hence OK/OK/OK: nothing to browse.
Otherwise yeah, you'd need Front Color and Panel values, but first try the correct reset :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
msa2017

Post by msa2017 »

SWU reset!!! What I was thinking!!! Sorry... I have done "Factory Reset" gazzillion times... but under pressure thinking about bricking...I forget all...

Ok, now I do the correct reset and now tv live again. Many many thanks!

Return to “[E] Support”