Garbled video only in Movie or 3D modes.

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

fkarayan

Garbled video only in Movie or 3D modes.

Post by fkarayan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:27 pm

Greetings, I was recently given a non-functioning UN55ES6600FXZA. The device had the power problem where the after pressing the power button, the status LED would flash, a click heard, then restart and would continue the cycle until unplugged. I ordered both the power supply board and main board directly from Samsung Parts. The power board part number BN44-00521A and main board part number BN94-06153K which apparently supersedes the original main board part number BN94-05656M. I replaced the boards and updated the firmware. It appeared the TV was working beautifully. As I was exploring the menus and features of the TV, I discovered that there are a few modes or settings that send the display into a locked state or a garbled appearance. Instead of trying to describe the modes that cause garbled video, I have uploaded three YouTube videos that demonstrate the behavior. I am frankly stumped about this. If you are able to possibly help, first, thank you. Also, please know I have performed basic steps such a reseating the LVDS flex cable and resetting all settings.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Return to “[E] Support”