Newbie question

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

jeonDK

Newbie question

Post by jeonDK »

Hi there, thanks for taking your time to read my post. My situation here is that I have a stack of old vhs tapes i would like to save the video of. I was thinking to use my TV: UE32ES5505 with software version T-MST10DEUC-1029.0 to do so, but then i need an option of decoding the video afterwards so when the TV is no more, i can still watch the videos. I have access to Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Windows 7 and Windows 10. The recordings would be made onto either usb stick or external harddrive. What can I do? I have tried to search around, and i realize that it is possible to root my TV, but it seems like a big step to take, so if i can decode the video locally on my computer i would prefer it. I am not sure why i am not able to find the answer myself. I have found this topic (viewtopic.php?f=52&t=12322), which seems to ask the same as me more or less, but the answer does not bring me any further.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Newbie question

Post by juusso »

You cant record VCR via your TV. It simply wont do that. TV can record only digital source from iternal tuners dvbt dvbc or dvbs2 if exist. All external videosources will be ignored by pvr.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
jeonDK

Re: Newbie question

Post by jeonDK »

Thanks for the answer juusso. Really good to know. Can you tell me about the few recordings I have made with my TV from antenna signal, do i have to root the tv to get them into my pc, or can i decode them on the computer?

Return to “[E] Support”