No more rooting?

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

marvin24

No more rooting?

Post by marvin24 »

Hi,

ok, for some reasons I reflashed my TV (ES7000 / fw. 2009.2) and I want to root it again. As it seems, SmartHub can't exec widgets anymore, maybe because infolink.pvaa.co.kr doesn't accept old SSLv3 certificates anymore? I read something about this here and there, but couldn't find the right solution. Thanks for help!

Marvin
marvin24

Re: No more rooting?

Post by marvin24 »

in an attempt to fix it, I setup a DNS server which points requests for infolink.pvaa.co.kr to a local webserver, which with a https certificate similar to the original one (but with sslv3 enabled - grrr needs a very old distro). Unfortunately handshake still fails at some point...
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

My E is disconnected from Internet and I can execute widgets :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
marvin24

Post by marvin24 »

well, some time ago (before I reflashed the TV, I also had samygo installed at that time), the web-browser failed to start, saying "ERROR_EXE_001 or ERROR_MODEL_BIND). SH says "no internet connection", but it is connected. Normally, I wouldn't care because I don't use it, but I need the web function for german HbbTV. In my case, the Kika-player seems to run as an html5 app on the smart-tv now. All other HbbTV services still work (maybe they still use flash?). In the end, samygo widget does not show up on SH, so I can't root it. My assumption is that it might be related to the SH saying "no internet".
marvin24

Post by marvin24 »

Well, I somehow solved it. Upgrading to the newest FW obvious solved the SSL problem, but of course no samygo. So I downgraded to 0000 and upgraded again to the lasted fw with working samygo (2009). Not sure why this worked for me...

Return to “[E] Support”