SamyGo on Evolution kit

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: SamyGo on Evolution kit

Post by greenhorn »

yes, this is only for debug. I would like to see debug of installing EVO Kit and installing/starting the samygo widget. In the ixbt seems that somebody runs samygo only with wifi connection with FW ver 1003. For now, I do not own any of these kits to make tests. But, as soon we have rooted evo kit, I will definitely buy one.

@M11
I am just wondering... When you bought the evo kit... did you have already rooted TV with the ES series widget? If yes, did you remove the widget before you install the kit?
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

greenhorn wrote:yes, this is only for debug. I would like to see debug of installing EVO Kit and installing/starting the samygo widget. In the ixbt seems that somebody runs samygo only with wifi connection with FW ver 1003. For now, I do not own any of these kits to make tests. But, as soon we have rooted evo kit, I will definitely buy one.

@M11
I am just wondering... When you bought the evo kit... did you have already rooted TV with the ES series widget? If yes, did you remove the widget before you install the kit?
I also did read in some russian forum that someone got ftp access on 1003 firmware. Unfortunately i had already updated to 1004 at that point. I can't believe Samsung disabled Samygo in firmware for Evolution Kit, that doesn't make sense considering they have not done that for any other TV.
I have not tested ftp over WIFI because my WIFI doesn't work at all.
I have tested the F series root method on every firmware from 1004 to the current 1007. It installs the files from USB without problems (shows OK). I actually modified the script to check if it actually is copying files and it does (i used it to install a user widget).

No, i had never rooted my TV before i got the Evolution Kit. Didn't see any benefit in rooting, i didn't use any apps at that time.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

@M11
If you are having issues with the Samsung TV and Evo Kit not detecting or connecting to the wifi.
Run a plug and play setup without the Kit installed. Skip the Network steps. Once done, connect the Evo Kit and complete the entire process. This will rectify any wireless issues.
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

greenhorn wrote:@M11
If you are having issues with the Samsung TV and Evo Kit not detecting or connecting to the wifi.
Run a plug and play setup without the Kit installed. Skip the Network steps. Once done, connect the Evo Kit and complete the entire process. This will rectify any wireless issues.
Wifi does not work for me even when i remove the Evolution Kit. I have reset the TV and tried everything. My TV was in Samsung service because of this issue and even they could not fix it. They replaced the mainboard but i still have this issue. Most of the time it does not find any Wifi networks or the menu closes completely. In same rare cases it finds networks but does not connect.

What "plug and play setup" are referring to?
F9000 + SEK-3500U
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

You have very weird issue with your WiFi. Seems that without Wifi you will not be able to have root access (as I see it in the Russian forums).
I just found that some others are complaining of not working WiFi after fitting the Evo Kit, so this is the way how they fix it.
rados

Post by rados »

mate go to your router setting and check your wifi channel, add it to channel 6 or 5. then reboot router and swich ON. then try if your tv could find you wifi :)
regards
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

rados wrote:mate go to your router setting and check your wifi channel, add it to channel 6 or 5. then reboot router and swich ON. then try if your tv could find you wifi :)
regards
Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately this doesn't help. It does not even try to search for wifi networks, it closes the menu as soon as i select Wireless.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
rados

Post by rados »

Have you try reset your tv from samsung secret menu?
Tv to off and then press this buttons:
Menu mute info start
Reset your tv, should fix your problems but if this not help your wirelles in tv has burn, use usb sticks wifi britge
Works perfect for me on old dreambox

Its about 25 euro and very good

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006CDR6QU
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

I have reset my TV many times. After reset I can get to wireless menu and select a network, then it crashes. After that I can't even select wireless.
My TV was at Samsung service and they replaced the motherboard. They told me that wireless works now. I got home and it didn't.

If you Google this issue, you will see that I'm not the only one with this issue. It almost looks like the evolution kit is causing hardware failures.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
rados

Post by rados »

Mate take evo kit from tv away then make secret menu reset tv and after this turn tv off and on.
Try find your wifi without evokit and test if wifi works normally without evokit.
If its working problem is in your evokit. Change it.

Return to “[E] Support”