External TUNER

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

manos78

External TUNER

Post by manos78 »

Hi,

I know that for several years people request for USB tuners support. This, at time, this isn't possible.

However, with more and more IPTV sources, and Network Tuners (like SAT>IP and HDHomeRun), will be interesting to have the option to INJECT TS data directly inside the DSP process. Yes, at time, you can use the EXTERNAL PLAYER from Samsung for playing any compatible source. But, my interest is on INJECTING TS packets in the DSP process.

So, I request to anyone that have info about hooks of exeDSP related to the "tuner buffer" or similar.
I hope to explore this.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: External TUNER

Post by zoelechat »

You should elaborate, since "injecting TS into exeDSP" has no sense, TS is not code :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
manos78

Post by manos78 »

Hi zoelechat,

OK, I try to "explain more", but I'm sure you understand!

"Samsung TV isn't using standard LINUX DVB API for tuners. So, the exeDSP process is using custom API for control the tuner (you can print STRINGS and show several "tuner" stuff). Because at time we have the option to hook the exeDSP process, I'm searching for info about HOW TO HOOK THE TUNER API for INJECTING TS packets in the process. As anyone knows, a digital tuner is providing the stream as TS packets inside a buffer. My request is about info related to this BUFFER. The final goal is replace (=INJECTING) the TS packets in this buffer with some others (readed from another external source)".

It's now more clear? ;)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

You should have a look at [App] More TV channels on E/F/H series, it doesn't process how you describe (surely impossible, it's not so simple...), but the result is something similar :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
manos78

Post by manos78 »

zoelechat wrote:You should have a look at [App] More TV channels on E/F/H series :)
Hi Zoe,

I know about it. But this is only for "fast" enable of external player, mixing internal (DVB) and external (IPTV) sources. My goal is INJECTING TS data in the "internal" player... I know, at time quite complex, but I hope that after years someone knows something about it.

Thank you for response!

Return to “[E] Brainstorm”