Samsung TV as TV streaming server!?!?!

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

Akiiem

Samsung TV as TV streaming server!?!?!

Post by Akiiem »

I'm currently researching for a solution to use a NAS as TV streaming server. Due to this I got the idea whether my TV would be able to act as a TV streaming server. I don't know how stupid this idea is but it let me dream having not yet another TV tuner hardware running somewhere. Is there any chance using the build-in HD TV tuner with help of a DVB viewer and a DNLA server pushing the stream into my local network? Of course this should be also possible even the TV is on standby/screen off. The PVR function is working while the TV screen is off... so why not?

looking forward to get some fruitful feedback on this...

Thanks
Akiiem
Akiiem

Re: Samsung TV as TV streaming server!?!?!

Post by Akiiem »

Is that idea that stupid? :shock:
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Akiiem wrote:Is that idea that stupid? :shock:
Samsung already has this feature. It's called StreamView/CloneView :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Akiiem

Post by Akiiem »

sectroyer wrote:Samsung already has this feature. It's called StreamView/CloneView :)
Yes but this suppose to be only a F-series and Samsung mobile client solution. I'm rather looking for a more generic solution. Independend of streaming client, OS and device type.
But based on the less interest on this thread I guess there is no real demand of such an idea within the Samsung community, isn't it? ;)

So far thanks anyway
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Akiiem wrote:
sectroyer wrote:Samsung already has this feature. It's called StreamView/CloneView :)
Yes but this suppose to be only a F-series and Samsung mobile client solution. I'm rather looking for a more generic solution. Independend of streaming client, OS and device type.
But based on the less interest on this thread I guess there is no real demand of such an idea within the Samsung community, isn't it? ;)

So far thanks anyway
Then I would suggest Ubuntu and for instance VNC server :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
talhaalsood1168

Post by talhaalsood1168 »

the best i know is the NAS setup to stream media

Return to “[E] Brainstorm”