Samsung BD-D8500 Firmware Issues

MartynDav33

Samsung BD-D8500 Firmware Issues

Post by MartynDav33 »

Hi all

Just clutching at straws a little that someone may be able to help.

I recently, unfortunately upgraded my device to the latest firmware version, I think it was released in June 2015 and am now having trouble streaming files through Mezzmo media server over DLNA.

Many files which played perfectly before now throw up a "Not supported file type" or "Invalid Video Codec" message when I try to play them. Mezzmo transcodes the files as it delivers them to the device so the codecs and file types should not be an issue, and weren't before the firmware upgrade.

I understand that more recent firmware versions try to block previous methods of downgrading etc so I'm not too hopeful about my chances but I wondered if anyone knows if I can easily downgrade the firmware? Apologies in advance as I'm not too tech minded, I tried searching this and other boards and got quite a lot of information but I get the impression that this device isn't that common and that it's never been easy to downgrade, so just hoping for the best.

If you need any more information to assist, please let me know and I'll try to provide. Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to “Support”