Made mistake in user.sh patched BD-D7500B wont boot

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Made mistake in user.sh patched BD-D7500B wont boot

Post by juusso »

What is firmware name and version on board?
juuso wrote:Oh yes, all Fir* patched firmwares have usbhotplug patch enabled. Take fat formatted usb and script (made under linux or if on windows, then with notepad++ or other robust editor, save ANSI encoding)

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
rm -rf /mtd_rwarea/user.sh
insmod /mtd_exe/fpi.ko
/etc/Scripts/MicomCtrl 143
While BD is powered on, attach USB and wait :D
oops, seems script name must run.sh, placed on root of USB.

p.s. ExLink cable won`t help here because of input filtration.BUT!!! You should have chance to run emergency script (CB), which loads usb driver (if not yet loaded) and this forces to execute run.sh. Now i will check exact filename what you have to type to limitet console trough exlink. If this won`t help, then:

Your next steps:
1. get exlink working and accepting commands (doesnt matter, this will be limited input A...F, 0...9)
2. attach USB with run.sh wit code (slightly modified):

#!/bin/sh
insmod /mtd_exe/fpi.ko
3. Input: CB and confirm with {enter}
4. Menu should appear. Select 1 (1. Copy log to USB)
5. This powers USB and usbhotplug patch drives script to be executed. Unit should reboot. But if not, wait few minutes, disconnect power cable, remove USB and power on it again.

ExLink cable connection to your device is tricky, you have to solder required pins like is shown here.(check first, i can`t find your model listed there, perhaps needed to do some research, perhaps you find similar to wikified pins on your board...)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
prairie
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by prairie »

alessio71 wrote:
What i did: I've connected my USB key to a linux machine, formatted in vfat, created user.sh in the root as suggested before ...

Thank you,
Alex
The way usbhotplug works on my device is it looks for usb /root/run.sh not user.sh, try previously suggested commands like:

or what I had to do in a similar situation

rm -rf /mtd_rwarea
If it works the device should reboot automatically and you should remove the thumb drive after reboot.

edit: I see juuso beat me to it, you should follow his directions.
PN60F8500AFXZA
T-FXPAKUC 1206.3 + SamyGO

"BrickMaster 2015"
alessio71

Post by alessio71 »

prairie wrote:
The way usbhotplug works on my device is it looks for usb /root/run.sh not user.sh, try previously suggested commands like:

or what I had to do in a similar situation

rm -rf /mtd_rwarea
If it works the device should reboot automatically and you should remove the thumb drive after reboot.

edit: I see juuso beat me to it, you should follow his directions.
Yes, I'm sorry, mistyped user.sh, I menat run.sh
I'm going to try simpler script like rm -rf /mtd_rwarea/user.sh , I'll let you know how it goes...
[edit]Nothing changes...[/edit]
Last edited by alessio71 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alessio71

Post by alessio71 »

juuso wrote:What is firmware name and version on board?
juuso wrote:Oh yes, all Fir* patched firmwares have usbhotplug patch enabled. Take fat formatted usb and script (made under linux or if on windows, then with notepad++ or other robust editor, save ANSI encoding)

#!/bin/sh
insmod /mtd_exe/fpi.ko
While BD is powered on, attach USB and wait :D
oops, seems script name must run.sh, placed on root of USB.

p.s. ExLink cable won`t help here because of input filtration.BUT!!! You should have chance to run emergency script (CB), which loads usb driver (if not yet loaded) and this forces to execute run.sh. Now i will check exact filename what you have to type to limitet console trough exlink. If this won`t help, then:

Your next steps:
1. get exlink working and accepting commands (doesnt matter, this will be limited input A...F, 0...9)
2. attach USB with run.sh wit code (slightly modified):

#!/bin/sh
insmod /mtd_exe/fpi.ko
3. Input: CB and confirm with {enter}
4. Menu should appear. Select 1 (1. Copy log to USB)
5. This powers USB and usbhotplug patch drives script to be executed. Unit should reboot. But if not, wait few minutes, disconnect power cable, remove USB and power on it again.

ExLink cable connection to your device is tricky, you have to solder required pins like is shown here.(check first, i can`t find your model listed there, perhaps needed to do some research, perhaps you find similar to wikified pins on your board...)
You give some hope, even if the ExLink part of it looks very difficult, meanwile I confirm that the script I had on the root of USB key is run.sh and not user.sh as I wrongly typed.
My model in a BD-D7500B with patchec FW B-FIRBP7WWC_001671 (real version: 1004.x)
Tell me if you need any other information.
Thsnk you.
Alex
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Nope, my info about exlink is valid. Everything same as mentioned in my post.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

alessio71

Post by alessio71 »

They changed my motherboard on warranty :shock:
Now, beeing a bit more carefull, how can I launch my patched exeSDP? The exeDSP taken from B-FIRBP7WWC 1010.0, don't start on patched B-FIRBP7WWC 1671 (real 1004.x); could it be necessary to get from 1010 some newer libraries on something like that?

Thanks for everything,
Alessio
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

you have to use SAME exeDSP version which is currently device. When you install patched firmware, take exeDSP from there, patch it and run.

alessio71

Post by alessio71 »

juuso wrote:you have to use SAME exeDSP version which is currently device. When you install patched firmware, take exeDSP from there, patch it and run.
If just I understood erlier what you just said I'll have avoided to have bricked my BD Player :oops:

I'm starting to understand (I hope): if I want 1010.0 exeDSP, I have to install the original 1010.0 FW, patch the exeDSP on my PC, install the SamyGO extensions, put my patched exeDSP version in /mtd_rwarea and create the user.sh as mentioned in this forum... correct?
The patched 1004.x FW has the ability to launch SamyGO ext. automatically at every boot but with the original 1010.0, I'll have to launch them manually, correct?
Thank you,

Alessio
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

No, you don`t get ability to run custom exeDSP on original firmware. Means, you have to install patched firmware AND use patched exeDSP from this patched firmware = from 1004.x

alessio71

Post by alessio71 »

juuso wrote:No, you don`t get ability to run custom exeDSP on original firmware. Means, you have to install patched firmware AND use patched exeDSP from this patched firmware = from 1004.x
So I will never be able to use a newer exeDSP at least that our friend arris69 won't update his patched FW, correct?

Return to “Support”