NEW MEMBER AND A NEW BD-E6100 TO HACK

arcadian2002

Re: NEW MEMBER AND A NEW BD-E6100 TO HACK

Post by arcadian2002 »

Hi Guys,
to answer a few resent questioned raised

Greenhorn, below you will see a close up of the board area you are talking about, as can be seen each pad is fully loaded, actually unlike the last player i treid having, a LG bd660, this board appears to be very complete.
soryy about the link not working the DKU 5 cables i have are ebay item number 350574871753
I am thinking this is the root of my problem, although they do use the Prolific driver and work under win7 32&64bit the wiring is minmal to say the least

EV3VA, first off thanks for joining in, my cable operates at 3.3v in that one wire shows Tx i think shows a voltage of 3.1v and the Rx (i think) shows 1.2v. Baudrate and Com's are selected corrctly, I have conected my RX and Tx wires and get an echo.
Your comment qoute :-

Finally, there have been some indications that console output may have been altered by some algorithm like ROT/XOR etc... But someone else would have to answer that... end quote

THATS above my pay grade!! sorry ROT/XOR to save me guessing what do each OF THE acronym stand for.

Welcome to the chat Omga83, the middle is as good as any place to start here..
I have done some further checking and modding, I have placed a set of header pins on the mainboard (see attachment) i AM NOW 100%CONFIDENT THAT THIS IS THE MICOM uart HEADER
and that the number I assoitated to each is correct for all the pins.

In summary guys my tests show that when i attach the DKU5's RX and ground to the BOARDS HEADER pin3 (Tx) and pin4 (GRD) I see GARBAGE on booting, after booting the only action i can take with the players remote control to instigate more garbage is to eject and close the disc tray, no other buttons trigger a sent signal/garbage.

When I also include the DKU5'S TX cable to pin1 (Rx) I am able to input the 20102011 value,
after the boot garbage is shown I am unable to enter any keyboard commands.
As I have already stated, I really think the only thing between me and the console is type of cable I have in that it maybe a cheap clone.., quite frankly I am A little tired of buying cable!! this is the second set I have purchased..

Ian

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TURNED OUT NOT TO BE THE CORRECT HEADER, THE CORRECT ONE IS DISCOVERED AND DISCUSSED IN A LATER MESSAGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by arcadian2002 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

Yes, these are the pins. It is labeled on the board.
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

so i guess the next step is to use a supported cable, and see if we can get rid of the garbage that appears in PuTTY.
to be honest i have actually seen the same results i.e garbage in putty when i simpy connected up the 2 DKU3 cables (rx,tx crossed) and used the players usb port.

Ian
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

Here are a couple of images taken of the top and bottom of my BD-E6100 mainboard, note that the heat sink was removed,and that these images were taken after I installed the 4 pin header.
Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

not sure if it is important, but while I have been tracing the board I found 1 missing resistor, the UART Tx (pin3) can be traced exiting IC2, but then its path is stopped by the 'missing' resistor R87, which then trace's to a further bank of resistors R103,R108,R101 and R105.
As I have said I dont know if this is important, and because I am already getting a signal 'albeit' garbage from the UART header, I will not be mounting any SMD's here for the time being, so this message is purely for the 'record'.

Ian
sbav1
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sbav1 »

If you are looking for SDP1004 (Firenze, main SoC) primary UART/serial console, I think it's on the completely different connector, most likely here:
sbav1

Post by sbav1 »

And for the possible pinout of this 5-pin connector mentioned, please check http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Serial ... D-D6900... - I don't guarantee BD-D6900 & BD-E6100 pinouts are identical, but I will be surprised if actually not. Also, I expect it to be consistent with this schematic (from BD-D7000 service manual):
sbav1

Post by sbav1 »

arcadian2002 wrote: EV3VA, first off thanks for joining in, my cable operates at 3.3v in that one wire shows Tx i think shows a voltage of 3.1v and the Rx (i think) shows 1.2v.
Is the "3.1V voltage on Tx part" true for both your CP2102 cable & "DKU-5" (Prolific-based) cables?
I.e, regarding your CP2102 cable/converter (and judging from the provided ebay auction description), it might be (at least by-default), 5V TTL level converter.
In summary guys my tests show that when i attach the DKU5's RX and ground to the BOARDS HEADER pin3 (Tx) and pin4 (GRD) I see GARBAGE on booting, after booting the only action i can take with the players remote control to instigate more garbage is to eject and close the disc tray, no other buttons trigger a sent signal/garbage.
For SDP1004 serial console, such behaviour would be actually very abnormal.. I mean, you should see more "garbage" (and quite a lot of it) after:
- inserting the pendrive into USB port,
- playing a media file (jpeg, mp3, ..) from the USB device,
- pressing the "Off" key on the front panel/remote control,
- etc. etc.

So, this 4-pin header you tested so far is IMO much more like to be BD/DVD pick-up MCU (Sunext SC7300) UART, and not main SoC (SDP1004) UART header. That would explain the "garbage" part; I guess SC7300 UART just needs some different serial settings in putty..
But, hey - if your main goal is to make the player region-free (???), loader/pick-up controler uart port may be actually the good place to do so ;). Please try some other (9600, 19200, 38400, 57600) boud rates, parity settings etc. in putty.
As I have already stated, I really think the only thing between me and the console is type of cable I have in that it maybe a cheap clone..,
Well - while both your RS232 cables/converters purchased so far on ebay may be indeed a little bit questionable (yeah - the so-called "DKU-5/CA-42 Nokia" cables are most likely the "cheap clones"), I really doubt it's the root of your problem. Anyway, in case you are still inclined to buy/try yet another USB<->3.3V RS232 converter variant, FTDI-based UART converters are universally considered to be most predictable & reliable.
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

okay guys thanks for you latest input, you have raised some intersting points and I will do my bet to address them and enquire of you further.
My c1202 TTL boards have selectable 3v and 5v outputs but obviously i am not connecting anything to those Vout pins, the DKU's send out +3.5 volts on both Rx and Tx, I have also tried using all the port speed setting.
When I use just one of the cable be that a c1202 or a usb to ttl cable connected up to the 4pin header I do see garbage created when i boot, after boot is finished I can then generate lots more garbage by ejecting the disk and again also when it closes, a few charactors of garbage is also created when the remote to power down.

With the above stated does this look more like i have connected to the wrong header and that I should look to use pads on CN801?
IF this will allow me to change regions I WILL GET TO IT.

Cheers
Ian
Last edited by arcadian2002 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

Following on from you last input guys I have checked AND traced with a mulimeter the BD-E6100's version of the BD7000 UART header, and here are my findings
PIN1. 3.3v Tx
PIN2. GND
PIN3. 3.3v Rx
PIN4. GND
PIN5.3.3v

In the image below you will see that both VT601_D & VT602_D ARE MISSING,BUT at their CONTACT PADS both Gnd's and 3v SIGNALS are found. I guess these (VT''s) are just FILTER BEAD'S ??.
On the positive side R630 is installed , I think this must be UART Protection to PIN3?
In the same image I have listed what I believe(i could be wrong) is a side by side BD model comparison of the parts and location, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME.

So Sban it seems you hit the nail on the head with you comparison, indead the only differance that stands out, apart from the different part numbers is that the BD-E6100 board runs from A 3v rail instead of the 12v part seen for the BD7000.
My next step, well again I am open to suggestions and its over to you guys.

All the best
Ian
Last edited by arcadian2002 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Support”