NEW MEMBER AND A NEW BD-E6100 TO HACK

E3V3A

Re: NEW MEMBER AND A NEW BD-E6100 TO HACK

Post by E3V3A »

Second that. No filters needed!
(Look at schematics.)

BTW. arcadian2002, Since you already have it open, could you pull the white sticker of the eMMC and post a picture. I'd like to know exactly what they use.
Thanks.
HW: UE40ES5700SXXH
FW: T-MST10PDEUC-1029.0 Onboot: 1003
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

garbage gone, messed up a little with the soldering,maybe go into that later, but for now with just the cable rx to the boards tx I GET SIGNAL,, YEAH
WOW DID THAT TEXTY EVER FLY BY ON BOOT

IAN
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

Before I plunge deeper into the BD-E6100, I would just like to thank the webmaster for creating the samyGo website , and special thanks to those of you who have been sharing and commenting on my BD-E6100 hacking, Not least is Sbav1 for pointing out my error in thinking that the header labeled RX TX on the mainboard could have ever been a UART socket!!!!

To summarize my findings with the Bd-e6100
We can now state that 2 DKU5 cables joined together to make an Exlink cable does not work with the BD-E6100's, so far the only certain way into the TMD is via a single cheap DKU5 running on win64 or 32bit with the Prolific driver version 3.3.5.122, this is not the latest driver but one that works none the less, If i get around to it I will load up and see if the 2012 driver works to.
The cable needs just three wires RX TX & GROUND, as I have previously stated my cheap ebay cable (the one that comes with nokia ring tones yeap ALL those fabulous Polyphonic COOL vibrations not to mention that Crazy frog on a motor bike....
Connecting the DKU5 to CN801_D
Connecting the cable as it turned out could not be easier, no need to even take the mainboard out to get to the correct UART header CN801_D. My DKU5 cable came with just 4 wires, did someone say cheap clone, oh yeah that was me... well I had to blame something for all my woes!!

Ground cable
Of the 4 wires in my DKU5 both the RED and WHITE wires CAME FROM DKU5 Gnd, and therfore one or both need go to the players GND, these wires can go to either pins 2 or 4 it does not matter which' both of these pins are GND on the CN801_D header they can also simply be attached to the players chassis rather than soldering.

Rx wire to UART Tx
The next wire to be attached is the DKU5s Rx cable in my case this was coloured PURPLE which went to the Tx Pad 1 of on UART header CN801_D.

Perform a quick COMs test
It is good practice at this point to attach your DKU5 to a PC Usb port, launch PuttY and see what kind of script output you get i.e NOTHING GARBAGE OR READABLE SCRIPT
To launch Putty select SERIAL enter in the address line the correct com port for your DKU5 CABLE i.e COM4,the correct port number will be found by going to Start menu/ right click Computor/ select properties/ open device manager and look for a com device under PORTS (COM &LPT). Then INSIDE PuTTYselect 115200 as the baudrate, now click OPEN.
Putty should then open a terminal, user keyboard inputs are not needed at this point, if PuTTY throws up an error message chances are you have just selected the wrong COM Port, or you cable is not installed or supported by your O/S, an error 10 is the normal message for this in DEVICE MANAGER.
If all things are going to plan power up the BDplayer and hopefully PuttY WILL START DISPLAYING READABLE SCRIPT.
If you see NO SCRIPT check that you have correctly identified and fitted the DKU5 Rx wire to CN8001_D Tx PIN, chances are now that you are using the CN8001_D UART header, garbage will not be shown,if it is try another cable, my Rx wire and I can only speak of my own experance has a 3.5vout, i cannot see even 5v being an issue for these BD-E boards, BUT F YOURS DOES SHOW 5VOUT AND DISPLAY GARBAGE, it may indeed be worth trying a lower Vout rated DKU cable.
Finally the Tx wire to UART Rx.
Once you have established readable script power down the BDplayer and disconect the DKU5 from your PC and then connect up the DKU5 Tx wire to the players mainboard UART header CN801_D at its Rx Pad 3.

Please note that at the time of writing the ability too, and or extent to which this model can be changed within the console is still unknown.
All the best
Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by arcadian2002 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 am, edited 8 times in total.
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

E3V3A wrote:Second that. No filters needed!
(Look at schematics.)

BTW. arcadian2002, Since you already have it open, could you pull the white sticker of the eMMC and post a picture. I'd like to know exactly what they use.
Thanks.
Sorry E3V3A,
Do you mean this one ?
E3V3A

Post by E3V3A »

Yes. What's under it? :D
HW: UE40ES5700SXXH
FW: T-MST10PDEUC-1029.0 Onboot: 1003
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

@arcadian2002
Great job! Can you share pictures?
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

EV3A and Greenhorn,
these images should get both you fellas sorted,
chip details
SAMSUNG
KLM2G1HE3F B001
CIB 56290

Its time I started to take advantage of the enabled console access, but were to start, more researching on wiki and the threads I guess..
Ian
Last edited by arcadian2002 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

10x. This should go in wiki.
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Well done, guys! It was really interesting to follow you ;)
Wiki http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Serial_console needs to be updated. I created account on wiki and added arcadian2002 writer permissions. Just in case :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

Thank you all for the kind words,
I kind of feel like i have gotten my hiking boots on now, but not actually gone anywere , my next challenge will be to actually put this work to some good use, i.e enabling previously disabled features, obviously region free is the first thing I would like to achieve,, but I know nothing about using the console other than the numbers to allow me access 20102011, and 20089999, if that still works. I dont even know as yet how to safely leave/ exit that mode, so i have not even attempted the 'login' in fear that exiting incorrectly may upset the systems firmware/ software haste over speed wins with me everytime.

As for Wiki, Iwould love to see these finding published, and thank you all for thinking this information should be hosted their, Infact it may even help speed the software modifying along if someone wise to the in's and outs of the samsung debug console came on board.

Regards
Ian

Return to “Support”