[How-To] Set default volume at startup

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

nbd

[How-To] Set default volume at startup

Post by nbd »

Hello. My UE40B7070 has some timer capabilities that can be set to start the TV at certain time. Also it includes the channel + volume. Now I'm wondering whether there exists some exeDSP functions that set the desired volume.

What I'm ultimately seeking is that when I start the TV, samygo script would run extra command that would set the TV volume to some predefined value. Sometimes it's annoying to start the TV when kids have turned the volume up, and you never know how loud it's going to be.

Added 16.01.2011:

Solution found!. Read more here.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: default volume at startup

Post by erdem_ua »

I remember that a command/button that allow you tv open as muted. Or I am remember wrong? I think It's possible to set a volume from constant state.
baco81

Post by baco81 »

Hi Nbd,

It can be a bit late for this answer, but who nows?

To do what you want to do you only have to enable "Hotel mode" in your TV by pressing MUTE-1-1-9-ENTER while the TV is ON. Then you can enable that mode which allows you to set the startup volume, the maximun volume and the minimun one. You only have to do it once. That?s true, It?s very useful with kids around! :lol:

And don?t worry, there are no drawbacks for enabling that mode, the TV will continue behaving as before.
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX
nbd

Post by nbd »

Great news! Thanks! Not at all too late. Also someone else might be looking for this in the future.

I think the hotel mode can be enabled also from service menu. How about disabling the hotel mode, the same key sequence?
baco81

Post by baco81 »

nbd wrote:I think the hotel mode can be enabled also from service menu.

Yes, but it is a more comfortable way to enable it as this menu is shorter than service menu.
nbd wrote:How about disabling the hotel mode, the same key sequence?
Yes! ;)
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX
flo-ogb

Post by flo-ogb »

unfortunatly i can't access the guide anymore when hotel mode is enabled or is there something i'm missing? also there seems to be no way to only force volume and not channel at startup
nbd

Post by nbd »

Can you disable the Hotel mode flo-ogb? I'm not going to enter hotel mode if it's not reversible. I have UE40B7070
flo-ogb

Post by flo-ogb »

no no, it's no problem at all to disable hotel mode. when you enter the code a menu pops up (like the debug menu, just much smaller) and there you can switch it on and off.

i'm just saying that the epg-guide (and maybe more? didn't try further) is not accessible anymore when hotel mode is enabled. it works fine again, when you disable hotel mode. but then i don't have the initial volume set, which is what i wanted in the first way ;) the question is, if there is any other way to set initial volume and make guide work.
nbd

Post by nbd »

Ok, I tried, but it only showed analog channels and I had chosen the DTV source (maybe CDTV would have been the correct) and wasn't able to tune the digital channels. And yes, guide disabled. No-go for me.

I think we can think some other way, perhaps during startup scripts using the vol down command several times and then vol up to the desired. Ugly workaround until true solution found.

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”