mix DVB-C and DVB-T channels on a single list

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

mix DVB-C and DVB-T channels on a single list

Post by geo650 »

Hello!
Maybe this question appeared on some forums before but I'd like to ask it once more:
Is there any method to mix DVB-C channels and DVB-T channels on a single list?

The TV itself asks for DVB-type before scanning channels (cable or terrestrial) so at first attempt it seems it can't be done.
Also, all channel editors can't do it.

Or... maybe there is any chance to make switchable channel-sets ?

Why?
I need to switch between CATV, local DVB-T and other TVDX channels without rescanning. I am looking for a comfortable solution.

Channel lists reside in /mtd_rwarea folder. I tried to replace it but quickly realized that it is not easy and potentially dangerous. It's a pity channels are not stored in a separate directory... but maybe we could hack exeDSP then? What do you think?
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: mix DVB-C and DVB-T channels on a single list

Post by erdem_ua »

If "reboot" is allowed, use of MyButtons app with simple bash script could move channel files after killing exeDSP to keep new files.

Code: Select all

killall exeDSP &
mv /mtd_rwarea/DVBT/* /mtd_rwarea
/mtd_boot/MicomCtrl 18 #Don't sure if 18 make restart

/mtd_boot/MicomCtrl 143 # Does really reboot. juuso ;)
Do you have DVB-C and DVB-T signals in one antenna cable?
Doesn't it require to switch antenna by hand? Simple relay circuitry with ATTiny85 (has soft USB support) might change antenna source for you too :)

Also "import channel list" feature is another choice. But doesn't it require reboot too?
geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: mix DVB-C and DVB-T channels on a single list

Post by geo650 »

erdem_ua wrote:If "reboot" is allowed, use of MyButtons app with simple bash script could move channel files after killing exeDSP to keep new files.

killall exeDSP &
mv /mtd_rwarea/DVBT/* /mtd_rwarea
/mtd_boot/MicomCtrl 18 #Don't sure if 18 make restart
Do you have DVB-C and DVB-T signals in one antenna cable?
Doesn't it require to switch antenna by hand? Simple relay circuitry with ATTiny85 (has soft USB support) might change antenna source for you too :)

Also "import channel list" feature is another choice. But doesn't it require reboot too?
Thank you for hints. I tried to kill exeDSP but this method consumes too much time. I am looking for comfortable solution. I want to easily switch between DVB-T and DVB-C several times a day.

No, I have DVB-T and DVB-C signals in two different sockets, but I can build electronic switch that could be controlled by TV. Today, I have small manual antenna switch similar to this one:

Antenna switch is the second problem which I am not worry about at this stage. I just want to stop scanning and scanning channels again. Downloading lists from USB is not comfortable, especially that it longs too much and sometimes doesn't work. I realized, that you must first perform scanning to be able to import cloned files (especially after flashing firmware).

Well, so "comfortable solution" for me means "no rebooting" and switching time not longer than 10s.

BTW, be careful of rebooting by MicomCtrl tool because it may not write all cached files. I noticed such problem during editing config files when after calling MicomCtrl command to reboot my TV (because TV-set is located in other room than PC), config file was destroyed.

EDIT (2011-04-30): I've seen today, that on D-series Samsung Blu-ray it is possible to switch between DVB-C and DVB-T channels using Tools menu or colour button. You can easily switch between two sets of channels and BD-Player keeps these two lists in memory (scanning one type of DVB doesn't destroy the opposite set).

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”