audio playback visualization or black-blank

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

audio playback visualization or black-blank

Post by andbir »

I would like some way to either turn off the picture completely when running in audio play (either radio channel recieved over digital /cable / satellite) and also in media player audio-only mode. Second option I would love is to have some audio visualizations like in winamp (preferrably more than one visualization module available, would love full winamp compatibility (use the visualizations from winamp + be able to write your own)
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: audio playback visualization or black-blank

Post by andbir »

christianw wrote:Completely blacking out the screen is possible via the normal menu, atleast when "watching" radio channels. I think it's under the "Energy Saving" menu.

Yes i found it earlier today, a pity that it hidden far away in the menus.... On my very old Bang & Olufsen i could just press Picture + Mute.
Audio visualizations still wanted, perhaps something from the linux world would be more portable than Winamp stuff.
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by andbir »

Yes in lack of visualizations it would be nice to have the screensaver kick in more or less immediately, like after 4 minutes or so. Shouldn't be too hard to hack?
Optionally it would be extremely nice to be able to change the samsung logo in the screensaver to something else (or to a totally black picture, rendering the screen completely dark at all times)
jw1001

Post by jw1001 »

I did something similar with the high-contrast background image for the Drivecast widget player. FTP'd the original from the TV, edited it, then replaced it.

First you need to find that file. This one looks like it (on a B650):
mtd_appdata/Images_960x540/WLink_Pro/equalizer%20ani_back%20ground%20image.jpg

I'm not sure if that directory is writeable.

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”