the X

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

the X

Post by erdem_ua »

Do you any one know how we can compile and execute X server/client on this Hardware?
If it possible, than we can covert TV to a full web surf device with halp of firefox, a bluetooth dongle, keyboard and mouse. We can also support keyboard and mouse via USB hub, but bluetooth approach is comes better to my ear.

And also I want to play some game like Quake. :D
Instead of X, there is SDL library is already available and games like Quake could be run on it, couldn't they?. I don't know about game play speed but I comes possible to me.
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: the X

Post by arris69 »

erdem_ua wrote:...
And also I want to play some game like Quake. :D
Instead of X, there is SDL library is already available and games like Quake could be run on it, couldn't they?. I don't know about game play speed but I comes possible to me.
i tried to load my own shared objects from the galery without success, seems there is some protection mechanism,
(take a look in GGame dir mac_config_file etc.)
may we can do something with the widgets, but this way looks also protected (some zertifikates in the java files and auth codes,
think this is due licensing issue. you can test this, if you change your region in plug&play menu you get other widgets).
tried to duplicate widgets but no success.

the only one pci device is the network card, display driver is in closed source samdrv.ko and/or exeDSP.

summary: we may can tweak some things but we can't tune the tv to a ps3 :)

arris
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: the X

Post by erdem_ua »

I think extracting the FrameBuffer device/memory addresses from TV is not hard job.
(If there is exist FrameBuffer region on chip that allow us to access from outside, than we can start 2D X server on it.
In thinking it's not too hard to discover this region from binary.

I think first goal is run exeDSP thru GDB, that we allow to inspect program deeply. Specially with IDA 5.4 that work with GDB debug server...

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”