Setting up a cross compiling toolchain

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

dynamic1969
SamyGO Admin

Re: Setting up a cross compiling toolchain

Post by dynamic1969 »

Hi easy2003,

I got the x-compiler successfully set-up on Xubuntu 9.10 and had used the patches and script marcelr provided earlier
( I have just modified them slightly for sake of comfort and to make it run on a "virgin" Xubuntu 9.10 install )

You can download a tar-file with the script and patches I used based on marcelr's files here.
- extract the tar-file
- make create_arm_gcc executable
- and invoke following in the given order:

Code: Select all

create_arm_gcc check # Check possible missing tools / dependencies and apt-get install the missing ones
create_arm_gcc 0 #  sources : Get and extract required sources from Samsung Open-Source
create_arm_gcc 1 #  kernel : Install required kernel sources/headers and remove obsolete files. 
create_arm_gcc 2 #  binutils : Make binutils ( $UTILS )
create_arm_gcc 3 #  gcc1 | stage1 : Make gcc compiler ( stage 1 ) to compile glibc
create_arm_gcc 4 #  glibc : Compile glibc ( $GLIBC_VER ) with stage 1 compiler
create_arm_gcc 5 #  gcc2 | stage2 : Make final gcc ( stage 2 ) using compiled glibc library
I was planning to publish this one day but hadn't time to test it properly yet and was therefore hesitant ... you may be a good tester :-)

Hope this is of help to you.

Regards
dynamic
dynamic1969
SamyGO Admin

Re: Setting up a cross compiling toolchain

Post by dynamic1969 »

devill2 wrote:Thank you dynamic1969 and marcelru for your good work, script works without problems on (x)ubuntu 9.10
You're welcome and thanks for the feedback - I'll see to get the scripts / files uploaded into the SamyGo Download area then.
ydotobbe wrote:perhaps you want to try using prebuilt packages instead?
This is definitely a good and quick alternatvie, for regular stuff! However, if you're planning to create Samsung kernel dependent stuff ( or maybe an entirely new kernel one day :-) ) then you'll be better off the other way.

Regards
dynamic

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”