Volume control for external audio output

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Volume control for external audio output

Post by juusso »

nbd wrote:...But now there is possibility to detect key down and key release events, so it could be fine tuned so that while key is down, constant stream of IR messages would be sent, making the amplifier much more responsive. Also LIRC could be used, since it can easily handle key down / key release method.

Feel free to ask more.
wow, definitely you could tell more about your robust findings, we all want know... :oops:
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
nbd

Re: Volume control for external audio output

Post by nbd »

Well, the robust way was just directly communicating with the device (the drivers & software is opensource).

Originally the only way I could utilize the IR sending, was using system calls from the exeDSP, calling the binary through shell. And as you can imagine, that's not the best & fastest way. I'll have to dig up the code again and see what I did. I'll edit this post later for updates.

Edit: libs used were lirc 0.8.6, popt 1.14, libusb 1.0.6 (compiled ok without code modifications), the lirc mod was for the irexec tool so that it would use directly the irsend from iguana code.

It seems that I have to dig deeper to find the exeDSP mods.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”