Intranet@TV (widgets on LAN)

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

Intranet@TV (widgets on LAN)

Post by geo650 »

Hello everybody!

I am writting due to this problem (skip BIG text below, read message only):

I mean Samsung's widget manager service error last days. Service not supported. Maybe they will repair this soon but it is a good time to start a project that will prevent us from such accidents. I want you to think about "Widgets on LAN" project.

GOAL:
The main goal is to run widgets or other HTML pages directly from LAN (or other private server), without need for internet connection. As you probably know, after pressing Internet@TV button, your TV connects to Samsung's domain servers (such as infolink.pavv.co.kr) and downloads some XML files to show Infolink contents. We could set up our own webserver (on Apache or IIS, or even inside the TV's internal memory) and upload wanted widgets there. It will be totally out of Samsung's control. ;)

Some time ago, I noticed that widget manager (main menu) is started from this internal HTML page:

Code: Select all

/mtd_down/widgets/manager/400009002/index.html
So I backed this file up and created my own HTML file of menu with links to some webcameras, weather maps, bus station schedules etc. I did allow to get into original widget manager by RETURN button any time you want.
But when Samsung service was disabled (I hope not for ever), my local HTML page also couldn't be displayed. So I was forced to redirect infolink.pavv.co.kr address in /etc/hosts file. Almost OK, but you must wait several seconds until the webpage appears on the screen.

Maybe some of you was trying to restore Samsung's side of Internet@TV and downloaded their XML files? It would be great to set up a local fast fully-configurable infolink server with own menu (HTML+JavaScript).
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Intranet@TV (widgets on LAN)

Post by juusso »

You definitelly must consult to arris69 ;-)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
arris69

Post by arris69 »

arris69

Post by arris69 »

geo650 wrote:Hello everybody!

I am writting due to this problem (skip BIG text below, read message only):

but interesting thing is i newer saw this message in 3 years...
looks like smasung changed infolink version from

INFOLINK3.0
to

INFOLINK3.00
and the widgetmanager don't know what to do. shame samsung... when widget manager can't be updated if it refuses the connection to the server...
short version: b-series owner goodbye, the 5 widgets what you had are gone too.......
maybe you can fix it in the widget manager so it ignores the version number...
some ideas about the custom server implementation?
im willing to answer questions how it works (kommunication protokoll/data exchange from widget manager to samsung server etc.) but i won't design a custom server...

EDIT: from uexx7020 supportpage, no firmwares nothing!!!!! just:

UE40B7020
UE40B7020WW
Sorry! Dieses Produkt ist nicht l?nger verf?gbar
:shock:
arris69

Post by arris69 »

project died before first step?
or just no1 have time for it or no plan how to start or samsung fixed infolink for b-series or just nobody use the widget stuff on b-series?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

If it is enough power of my NAS, i don`t mind to have server running. Why not? :P
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

arris69

[INFO for TESTING] Intranet@TV

Post by arris69 »

this is not some kind of release but just for public testing
for b-series only

instructions:
  1. go in tv's menu to network settings and set dns to: 149.154.159.134
  2. restart tv (switch off and on again)
  3. push INTERNET@ button
if indicator (connecting) is visible for more then 10 seconds push EXIT button and after some seconds INTERNET@ again. (repeate this maximum 4 times, you can also try to restart tv again)

if something not clear with this instructions pls. rewrite them and post it in this thread with some special mark in subject...
feel free to post here some success/fail reports too
superlime

Post by superlime »

Connecting: <1 second
Starting: 1 second)
Downloading: .5 second
"Connection failed due to network problem."
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Agree, just tried, same here. Will check once again and i believe logs are needed for inspection.
Tried several times, connecting ok, downloading ok, but starting gives network error.

EDIT: after several times i failed, i just gave up, watched tv for a while and decided to check once again.

Success! Widget manager is here and sure widgets are here too :)
After power of/on the TV first time i got network error again, pressed ok, then I@TV button, the "connecting" hung. Then toggled once again the I@TV button and went fine to Widget manager.

exploretheworld

Post by exploretheworld »

Hi!

With my UE46B7090 living in Germany I get the message "startup" -- instead of the normal connection to the widget server -- then "download", but after ca. 15 seconds a "network problem: no connection" error message. Ping and traceroute to the DNS address from the PC work.

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”