Application request

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

pablo79

Application request

Post by pablo79 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Dear all, I'm looking for an aplication that allow me to activate or deactivate the wireless on my router using the TV remote
Right now I have to switch on my computer connected to the LAN via rj45 and send a curl command to activate the Wi-Fi and another to deactivate.
Should be possible to implement these operations in an App for the TV (I have a 40UEB8000)?

Thanks,
Pablo

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Application request

Post by erdem_ua » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:02 am

I remember we already have WOL application for B series??? Don't we?

pablo79

Post by pablo79 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:51 pm

I don't see the wol program because I think it is only to switch a remote computer in LAN. I will try to see if I'm able to use this program also to send the coomand to switch on the wifi antenna on my router.
Thank you for you reply

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Well I don't understand much from your post due English..I thought that you want to turn your PC on via LAN cable using WOL.

But I think you just want to run some "curl" script via TV remote.
TV connected to the Router via LAN cable right? Because you cannot use WiFi since your router WiFi is disabled.

You can use debian armel compiled curl binary (with it's library+dependencies off course.).
Using with our telnet enabler script for B series, you can modify it's script in it and could include curl commands. With putting curl binaries and libs to package, you could open WiFi of your router.
You have better to root your TV and play with shell to experiment it first.
Good luck.

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”