Remote text input, including foreign characters, for Youtube

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

chang

Remote text input, including foreign characters, for Youtube

Post by chang »

Is there anyone working on something like this?
I would like to be able to use my laptop to enter text, including Thai script, into the youtube search box. Using the onscreen keyboard and remote on my LE55B650 is far too slow and only has English characters (Thai script becomes squares in the search results). There are 2 main problems to solve -
1 - Adding Thai script. I tried the Asian firmware (T-CHL7DEUC-2006.0) which has Thai script but is missing features like freeview digital TV and youtube.
2 - Entering characters with the pc keyboard. The Samygo pc and android remote apps only replicate the TVs remote control so no characters.

I expect each problem would need to be kept separate, so 2 apps would need to be developed. I cannot help with developing but can help with testing.
Thanks for looking.
Rob
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Remote text input, including foreign characters, for You

Post by juusso »

you can use wireless keyboard for character inputs. You just need to start SamyGO Extensions (for T-CHU7DEUC in your case) and required drivers will be installed.
what about thai scripts, i think fonts are depending from firmware.
I don`t think you have installed asian firmware (which is actually T-CHL7DAAC), because in this case you get trouble with sound, usb sockets...
If you decide to flash firmware from different region, be sure you have telnet enabler already on TV, this may save your 100 USD for mainboard replacement.
I tested also chineese firmware on my B653 (T-CHL7DCNC), can confirm, tv works but menus become very slow and it is almost not possible to use TV...

Optional is to mount --bind the whole fonts folder with required additional fonts, but i don`t tried this, just only in theory it could work.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
chang

Post by chang »

Thanks for the quick reply. Can a wireless keyboard input text into the youtube search box of the youtube wldget? and how would you change between languages?
I installed the LA55B650T 55? Series 6 LCD firmware from the Thai Samsung website today. It was flashed from a usb memory stick which the TV showed as compatible and was easily reverted back using the TVs revert to previous firmware option. Web page http://www.samsung.com/th/support/model ... nload=true it is only 38Mb so is missing many features but included English, Thai and I think chinese.
Do you know if there is any info on how to swap the font folder from the Thai LA55B650T firmware over to my LE55B650T2W firmware?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

You can usquash the appdata.img to your PC, add required fonts and squash back. Then flash to TV over telnet.

I don`t know nothing about switching between firmwares, probably it was not this what you`re looking for.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
chang

Post by chang »

Thanks - I will look into usquash. I have not done that before so may take some time.

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”