SMB/CIFS mount points and some more

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

InuYasha

SMB/CIFS mount points and some more

Post by InuYasha »

Injecting some more brainstorming... :)

First of all, I tried mounting SMB shares according to wiki (which has at least one mistake in it!).
Finally I get it to work, using local "red button switch 3000.G firmware" (I did not change it). I've added telnet and sharemounts to autostart script, but shares are in a mess: a) none of them mount during system startup, only via telnet later (running same script manually), and b) they conflict with real USBs (mainly due to poor /dtv/usb/log management, no need to remount).
So, my main questions:
1) is it possible to mount MULTIPLE remote shares as virtual USB devices? Or do I have to mount shares to sub-folders of a vusb drive?
2) what is /dtv/usb/log format? What EXACTLY do its values mean? Like Devpath or serial.
3) why is everything in SamyGO closed-source?? I wanted to modify cifs.ko/other modules, but no sources whatsoever. And there is also no source package for UE40B8000XW on samsung site..?

And a little bit unrelated: is it possible to add flv container support or at least .WEBM extension alias for .mkv input?
Also maybe reading internal mkv subtitles?...
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: SMB/CIFS mount points and some more

Post by sectroyer »

InuYasha wrote:Injecting some more brainstorming... :)

First of all, I tried mounting SMB shares according to wiki (which has at least one mistake in it!).
Finally I get it to work, using local "red button switch 3000.G firmware" (I did not change it). I've added telnet and sharemounts to autostart script, but shares are in a mess: a) none of them mount during system startup, only via telnet later (running same script manually), and b) they conflict with real USBs (mainly due to poor /dtv/usb/log management, no need to remount).
So, my main questions:
1) is it possible to mount MULTIPLE remote shares as virtual USB devices? Or do I have to mount shares to sub-folders of a vusb drive?
2) what is /dtv/usb/log format? What EXACTLY do its values mean? Like Devpath or serial.
3) why is everything in SamyGO closed-source?? I wanted to modify cifs.ko/other modules, but no sources whatsoever. And there is also no source package for UE40B8000XW on samsung site..?

And a little bit unrelated: is it possible to add flv container support or at least .WEBM extension alias for .mkv input?
Also maybe reading internal mkv subtitles?...
Hmmm, cifs.ko is closed source? Interesting you should as quickly as possible notify Linus!!!!
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
InuYasha

Post by InuYasha »

haha, I almost died of laughter. :-|
So you're telling me cifs.ko, dummy_hcd.ko, g_file_storage.ko are no different from their x86 source? Which version, then?
As a side note, Linus maintains linux core, not usermode software.

Care to answer my other questions?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

i think you should understand, all the modules are opensource and sources are included in kernel source package, which can be found on opensourcource.samsung.com

Open:
http://opensource.samsung.com/reception ... cation1=tv

and search for your TV model. Here is no other sources of kernel modules. If you`re talking about samygo extensions, they are just set of bash scripts.
If you are looking for sources of some apps which are posted here, then usually packages include c++ source, but some of apps missing source code (authors didn`t share it). We can`t control developers to include sources, we just can ask to do that. Honestly speaking, a lot of devels who were developing for b series nowadays are offline and inactive for years. DOnt expect much.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
InuYasha

Post by InuYasha »

I understand that. But my model UE40B8000XW T-CHU7DEUC-3000.G was removed from that site before I could get anything. It was also mentioned here on forum. I'd really appreciate it if you could uploaded that package somewhere.

Well, that's sad, because I wanted to continue where those people stopped. Anyway, I'm a programmer, not a hacker... Can't hack into binaries/GUI to add stuff I want so much.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

InuYasha wrote:haha, I almost died of laughter. :-|
So you're telling me cifs.ko, dummy_hcd.ko, g_file_storage.ko are no different from their x86 source? Which version, then?
As a side note, Linus maintains linux core, not usermode software.

Care to answer my other questions?
Now I died of laughter:)
Why should they be different? And why do you think there is different source for these modules for x86 and different for ARM?
And where did you get the f****ing idea that kernel modules are "usermode software"???
LOL:):D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I have some answers to your previous questions:
1. you can mount shares on TV whatever you like. I usually mount my different shares to different mountpoint dirs on same virtual USB.
This is my example script which works perfect for me.
SpoilerShow

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

NFS="/dtv/usb/sda1"
SHARE1="Filmukai"
SHARE2="Downloads"
SHARE3="Muzika"
SHARE4="Records"
SHARE5="TV"
#Module="/mtd_rwarea/modules"
IP="192.168.1.200:/mnt"
#User="YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME"
#Password="YOUR WINDOWS PASSOWRD"

#====================================================================
# append sdg notification to log file:
#rm /dtv/usb/log
echo "[sda1]
Vendor : NfsMount
Product : File-Stor Gadget
Serial : Q80VQLFH
Devpath : 8
Lun : 0
MountDir : /dtv/usb/sda1
FileSystem : vfat
" > /dtv/usb/log

echo "[sda1]
" > /dtv/usb/usblog
#Create Folder for VUSB-Mountpoints
  if [ `mount | grep -c $NFS` == 0 ]; then
    mkdir -p $NFS
  fi

echo .!!!!!!!!!!!!!! start mount !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
echo .
# Mounting the shares
  if [ `mount | grep -c $NFS/$SHARE1` == 0 ]; then
    echo "Mounting: $SHARE1"
	mkdir -p $NFS/$SHARE1
    mount -o nolock $IP/usbdisk1/$SHARE1 $NFS/$SHARE1 -t nfs
	else
	echo "$SHARE1: already Mounted"
  fi

if [ `mount | grep -c $NFS/$SHARE2` == 0 ]; then
	echo "Mounting: $SHARE2"
	mkdir -p $NFS/$SHARE2
    mount -o nolock $IP/usbdisk1/$SHARE2 $NFS/$SHARE2 -t nfs
	else
	echo "$SHARE2: already Mounted"
  fi

if [ `mount | grep -c $NFS/$SHARE3` == 0 ]; then
	echo "Mounting: $SHARE3"
	mkdir -p $NFS/$SHARE3
    mount -o nolock $IP/usbdisk1/$SHARE3 $NFS/$SHARE3 -t nfs
	else
	echo "$SHARE3: already Mounted"
  fi

if [ `mount | grep -c $NFS/$SHARE4` == 0 ]; then
	echo "Mounting: $SHARE4"
    mkdir -p $NFS/$SHARE4
    mount -o nolock $IP/disk1/$SHARE4 $NFS/$SHARE4 -t nfs
	else
	echo "$SHARE4: already Mounted"

fi
    if [ `mount | grep -c $NFS/$SHARE5` == 0 ]; then
	echo "Mounting: $SHARE5"
    mkdir -p $NFS/$SHARE5
    mount -o nolock $IP/disk1/$SHARE5 $NFS/$SHARE5 -t nfs
	else
	echo "$SHARE5: already Mounted"
  fi

echo .
echo .!!!!!!!!!!!!!! end mount !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
2) what is /dtv/usb/log format? What EXACTLY do its values mean?Like Devpath or serial.
2. The structure is simple. I can`t understand what is unclear to you, vendor?, product? serial? these are info fields, you can write there whatever you want. important is mountdir - directory where your usb is mounted inside TV and filesystem, describes what type of filesystem exists on usb.

Code: Select all

[sda1] 
3) why is everything in SamyGO closed-source??
3. File you missed on opensource: 10_UE46B8000.zip.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
InuYasha

Post by InuYasha »

Thanks for answering, I was under impression nobody cares for B series/users :) anymore. Good I was wrong.
I can`t understand what is unclear to you, vendor?, product? serial?
Not exactly:
Serial : - is this a volume/device/wtf serial? Can it be random? What does it affect?
Devpath : - ???? same
Lun : - SCSI ?
The "log" itself is somewhat understandable, yes, but I have to know exactly what am I doing in such dangerous environment.
Sometimes the log is wiped out or deleted for some reason (my current TODO).

Also, I got some interesting results: I tried non-existent (in /dev) storage devices like /sds /sdt, mount worked, but GUI did not read the log so nothing appeared.
Now I use usb/sde, sdf - everything works. I'm not a linux user, but AFAIR sdXY mean disk X, partition Y. And /sda/ conflicts with real usb interface.
So, examples in the wiki are BAD, VERY BAD. I could write properly but have to find out more first.

// NOTE: there's no 'insmod's in your scripts, means there's no need to load .ko on every startup?

3. Thanks for the source pack file. I thought video decoder was purely hardware (like DXVA), now it looks like ffdshow allows some tweaking.
Also, will have to find out who writes the /usb/log and how to auto-generate it.

PS: Don't know a sheet about linux kernel and stuff :oops: But I'm learning :D Usually src for various CPUs do differ a lot. Even inside x86 family.

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”