USB Sound card

General forum talking area for F series TVs.

matrixabc
SamyGO Project Donor

USB Sound card

Post by matrixabc »

Hello

Is it possible to get a sound from external USB sound card ?

I have Xonar U7 and when i connect to TV i see:
usb 1-1.4: new high speed USB device number 6 using ehci-sdp
mmcblk0p22: Meta: 6156KB Data: 8700KB
input: ASUS Xonar U7 as /devices/platform/ehci-sdp.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.4/input/input2
generic-usb 0003:1043:857C.0003: input: USB HID v1.00 Device [ASUS Xonar U7] on usb-ehci-sdp.0-1.4/input4
cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [U7 ]: USB-Audio - Xonar U7
ASUS Xonar U7 at usb-ehci-sdp.0-1.4, high speed
1 [U0x4e80x205e ]: USB-Audio - USB Device 0x4e8:0x205e
USB Device 0x4e8:0x205e at usb-ehci-sdp.1-1.4, high speed
cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24.
matrixabc
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: USB Sound card

Post by matrixabc »

nobody know is it possible
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

matrixabc wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:41 pm Hello

Is it possible to get a sound from external USB sound card ?

I have Xonar U7 and when i connect to TV i see:
Yes you can use external USB sound card and play ANY audio on it EXCEPT tv/hdmi/etc. signal :) Tough you can play some mp3 etc. :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Damn, sectroyer, you definitely know what was in his mind...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
matrixabc
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by matrixabc »

juusso wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:07 pm Damn, sectroyer, you definitely know what was in his mind...
Juusso. I want to get sound from HDD connected to TV (movies MKV with audio 5.1 DTS) using external USB sound card ( Xonar U7 - analog output 5.1/ 7.1) It is possible ?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

juusso wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:07 pm Damn, sectroyer, you definitely know what was in his mind...
No problem, got a hunch :)
juusso wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:07 pm Juusso. I want to get sound from HDD connected to TV (movies MKV with audio 5.1 DTS) using external USB sound card ( Xonar U7 - analog output 5.1/ 7.1) It is possible ?
Yeah, should work :) You would need a player with disabled video, but audio should go out :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
matrixabc
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by matrixabc »

sectroyer wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:57 am
juusso wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:07 pm Juusso. I want to get sound from HDD connected to TV (movies MKV with audio 5.1 DTS) using external USB sound card ( Xonar U7 - analog output 5.1/ 7.1) It is possible ?
Yeah, should work :) You would need a player with disabled video, but audio should go out :)
Sectroyer I don't understand your sense of humor :-) ( "You would need a player with disabled video" ). This forum is for help other users, not making fun of others. If is possible please write how. Not everyone is born a programmer :-) ( like you - this is compliment :-) )
matrixabc
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by matrixabc »

I hope you not insulted :-)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

matrixabc wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:35 pm Sectroyer I don't understand your sense of humor :-) ( "You would need a player with disabled video" ). This forum is for help other users, not making fun of others. If is possible please write how. Not everyone is born a programmer :-) ( like you - this is compliment :-) )
Simply get mpg123 or other MP3 console player that does NOT require video for audio playback, then compile and install sound card drivers on your TV. Voila done :)
matrixabc wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:30 pm I hope you not insulted :-)
Not at all :) Simply NOT interested in project that would require at least 20-30 hours of my time just for one user :)

Return to “[F] General”