Latest Software which allows "OTN support off" setting?

General forum talking area for F series TVs.

markust

Latest Software which allows "OTN support off" setting?

Post by markust »

Does anybody know what is the last software version for the F series (i.e. UE40F5570), which still allows to disable automatic software updates via "OTN support"?

Why? My current software is T-MST12DEUC_2107.1, I have manually reinstalled Skype but I have one annoying bug: For incoming calls, sound over SPDIF disappears after the first second. Via internal speakers it works, but I have them usually muted to have sound via my 5.1 system. The bug seems to be known on other TVs (https://community.skype.com/t5/Features ... -p/3843665) and solved with software updates.
Now, there is a software update available: T-MST12DEUC_2117.2, but I am hesitent to update it as it may not allow to disable automatic software updates via "OTN Support off" based on the hint on the wiki page https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5?title ... re_Updates, and I cannot block the URLs in the router in my setup.

Anybody knows if T-MST12DEUC_2117.2 still allows to set "OTN Support off"? If not, does anybody know which is the last software version that does allow this?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Latest Software which allows "OTN support off" setting?

Post by sectroyer »

First of all fw versions uninstall Skype so it will definitely "solve" your problem :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
markust

Post by markust »

Haha, I need Skype on that TV, and it appears that newer software versions after 2107.1 have solved the audio problem. So I just want to know which newer software versions still allow to set "OTN support OFF", i.e. "OTN support" not greyed out yet...
markust

Post by markust »

OK, maybe the question if too difficult. Let me be more specific:

Does the T-MST12DEUC_2111.1 (which seems to be a good firmware, but only slightly newer than my current 2107) still support "OTN support OFF" in the service menu in order to block automatic software updates?

Does anybody know the same thing for any of the newer firmware versions, i.e.

T-MST12DEUC_2114.1
T-MST12DEUC_2115.1
T-MST12DEUC_2116.4
T-MST12DEUC_2117.2

???
markust

Post by markust »

Is here nobody who knows this?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

At least nobody kind enough to reply :)
Greyed OTN came around 05/2015, so with fw 2107 you're really not far from latest imho.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
markust

Post by markust »

Thanks - glad to get a response finally!

So basically you?re saying, already the T-MST12DEUC_2111.1 is likely to have greyed OTN? Can anybody confirm this?
billybob69

Post by billybob69 »

I've got a similar question - I've got a F7000 which was on T-FXPDEUC-1118.0 and there was no option to switch off OTN Support (by Service Menu -> "Control" -> "Sub Option" -> "OPTION_SWU"). I assumed that the lack of an option to switch off OTN Support was due to the FW version, but I've since downgraded to T-FXPDEUC-0000.0 but there is still no downgrade option.

Either I'm doing something wrong or the OTN off option was only in certain versions of firmware??
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

No, it's because you need to unlock "extended" service menu. Check wiki for how-to.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
markust

Post by markust »

markust wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:05 pm OK, maybe the question if too difficult. Let me be more specific:

Does the T-MST12DEUC_2111.1 (which seems to be a good firmware, but only slightly newer than my current 2107) still support "OTN support OFF" in the service menu in order to block automatic software updates?

Does anybody know the same thing for any of the newer firmware versions, i.e.

T-MST12DEUC_2114.1
T-MST12DEUC_2115.1
T-MST12DEUC_2116.4
T-MST12DEUC_2117.2

???
Push - any new findings on which is the last firmware version without greyed OTN support (or the first with greyed OTN support) for the Samsung F series?

Return to “[F] General”