How to disable OTN on ue40f8000

General forum talking area for F series TVs.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: How to disable OTN on ue40f8000

Post by zoelechat »

You mean RCremap and samyGOrc keycodes could be different?? (I wonder then why both threads are linked to each other, giving the same keycode list...)

My guess is that it would be interesting to create a "special" version of samyGOrc allowing user defined delay between keys :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:You mean RCremap and samyGOrc keycodes could be different?? (I wonder then why both threads are linked to each other, giving the same keycode list...)

My guess is that it would be interesting to create a "special" version of samyGOrc allowing user defined delay between keys :)
we can do that but first I want to confirm it really works... I wouldn't suspect the key codes to be completely different... I am just saying that maybe my version of RCremap has different key code for KEY_SERVICE than his.... that's the only thing that comes to my mind... if we confirm everything (which codes are really used etc.) I will create a needed version/patch ;) But first we need to understand what really happened and how REALLY did he get it working...
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

I have noticed one more thing:
Deus3X wrote:
sectroyer wrote:Okay let's try something different. open normal service menu (info+....). Wait for samygo to load and run this:

Code: Select all

samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 88 59
if doesn't work run this:

samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 88 60
Nothing happened :(
He says "nothing happened" but even if timing is wrong at least one of those command should send FACTORY and TV should start blinking... Maybe i blinks on 3SPEED?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
Deus3X
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Deus3X »

sectroyer wrote:I have noticed one more thing:
Deus3X wrote:
sectroyer wrote:Okay let's try something different. open normal service menu (info+....). Wait for samygo to load and run this:

samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 88 59
if doesn't work run this:

samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 88 60
Nothing happened :(
He says "nothing happened" but even if timing is wrong at least one of those command should send FACTORY and TV should start blinking... Maybe i blinks on 3SPEED?
Ofcorse i have no experience...
But i can tell you that when i send a SamyGOrc command that have as first number the 59... The tv screen start blinking.. As it does when i press factory on RCremap.
As no expert i can think that with Samygorc the second number seams to no arrive.
I can try to send

samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV`59
and then

samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 60
If 60 is 3speed it should work
I'm thinking wrong?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote:Maybe i blinks on 3SPEED?
Possible, it has never been strictly confirmed that was caused by FACTORY, we just know that FACTORY+3SPEED wave sometimes makes TV blink because obviously only one of both key is received by TV.
edit: but Deus3X just confirmed it :)
Deus3X wrote:I can try to send

and then

I'm thinking wrong?
Yes, but it would need to send both command VERY fast (less than 1 second, prepare copy/paste, and I'm even not sure it would be fast enough :) )
What you can try is from normal TV state (not service menu). Press INFO from real remote then immediately (or simultaneously, to anticipate) send FACTORY (=59) with RCremap.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Deus3X wrote:
But i can tell you that when i send a SamyGOrc command that have as first number the 59... The tv screen start blinking.. As it does when i press factory on RCremap.
As no expert i can think that with Samygorc the second number seams to no arrive.
I can try to send

and then

I'm thinking wrong?
You are the first one who "got it working" so for now you are "an expert" ;) Well if it works for you like this it would mean that 59 might be factory... Try your test (enter normal service menu first ) just put SPACE before 59 ;) Then test this:
1) Run tv in normal mode (no service menu open)
2) quickly push on remote INFO and then run this command:

samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 59
@zoelchat: you were first but I wanted to just clarify one error (lack of space) in his command ;)
Deus3X
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Deus3X »

sectroyer wrote:
Deus3X wrote:
I can try to send

and then

I'm thinking wrong?
You are the first one who "got it working" so for now you are "an expert" ;) Well if it works for you like this it would mean that 59 might be factory... Try your test (enter normal service menu first ) just put SPACE before 59 ;) Then test this:
1) Run tv in normal mode (no service menu open)
2) quickly push on remote INFO and then run this command:

samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 59
@zoelchat: you were first but I wanted to just clarify one error (lack of space) in his command ;)
We got it :)
pressing info from the samsung remote and then executing the command i entered in advanced menu :)
do you want me to try to execute the two command "samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 59" and "samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 60" ? what happened if i'm not so fast or if 60 is not the 3speed command?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Deus3X wrote:
pressing info from the samsung remote and then executing the command i entered in advanced menu :)
do you want me to try to execute the two command "samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 59" and "samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 60" ? what happened if i'm not so fast or if 60 is not the 3speed command?
Great :D We are getting somewhere :D I think it will not work anyway (I believe I need to modify samyGOrc) but please try this:

samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 31; samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 59 
It will quickly execute info and then factory :) Let's hope it's "fast enough" ;)
Deus3X
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Deus3X »

sectroyer wrote:
Deus3X wrote:
Great :D We are getting somewhere :D I think it will not work anyway (I believe I need to modify samyGOrc) but please try this:

It will quickly execute info and then factory :) Let's hope it's "fast enough" ;)
It's working :P advanced menu :P
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Deus3X wrote:
sectroyer wrote:
Deus3X wrote:

It's working :P advanced menu :P
Hehe. Maybe I don't need to change anything. One last test:

samyGOrc -p `pidof exeTV` 31 59
Just to check if we can do it with one command ;)

Return to “[F] General”