[App] HDMI 5.1 audio passthrough patch E/F/H (MST only)

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.

smogf

Re: [App] HDMI 5.1 audio passthrough patch E/F/H (MST only)

Post by smogf » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:43 pm

zoelechat wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:03 pm
No mystery, script is at its right place, it starts manually, so one script before it in sequence prevents it from start. Check at:

Code: Select all

http://IP_OF_TV:1080
Which last script shows any status.

Btw, are you using FakeEDID on startup?? You should NEVER, it has to be launched only once.
No. I did it only once. I always read a whole Thread two, three times (gentoo forums habit :)) and then make it work (or not :))

So..... I've change loading order for HDMIpasstrough to 04_02_...... and works fine now.
When I will have more time than I will look up what doesn't start correctly. But this is not this Thread problem. So... What can I say. Thanks for tips.

Works flawlessly :D

kapiszon53
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by kapiszon53 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:59 pm

So, Dolby Digital passthrough works awesome with my AVR connected with spdif. The problem starts with DTS.

AUTO argument:
Whenever I try to watch DTS content from raspberry pi it doesnt switch to DTS, in tv setting the only options avilable are PCM and DTS Neo.

DTS argument:
DTS and DD works just fine but I need to switch it in TV options everytime.

Is there a way to automate this?
Or set some kind of macro to switch from DTS to DD and backwards with one click?
Thanks

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat » Sun May 07, 2017 4:55 pm

I know, that's why DTS remains "experimental" :)
Otherwise for quick switch, yes you can map libSpdifMode to some RC key, that's what it's meant to.
But since you use RPi, then Kodi I guess, maybe better set it up to systematically convert audio to AC3...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Schumi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Schumi » Sun May 07, 2017 7:11 pm

After 1 year later checking this thread about DTS fix I'm sorry about problem still exist. But I will try your RC key suggestion. And I still have hope about this fix. :)

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat » Sun May 07, 2017 8:03 pm

Never expect, can't be otherwise :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

wisepass
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by wisepass » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Managed to downgrade then root (using mihd root method) on my Samsung TV Thanks so much for this!

Tested on UE48H6400 / H6400 - T MST14DEUC - 2130 (downgraded from latest).

Seems to be working excellent - on my SONOS playbar - except of course the playcar doesn't support DTS - but it does tells me its sending an unsupported format when I try, but then I just get Kodi to transcode to DD5.1

I do get a very slight crackle for literally one second when the passthrough changes from stereo to 5.1 on Kodi, But otherwise perfect :D

noscopedog

Post by noscopedog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:14 pm

It took me a lot of reading to get everything in place, and i'm glad that i could still root my device (F5500) even though i had updated the firmware to 2126.0.

But, after the reading I tried it, and yesssss, it all worked out great when following your directions. Rooted my tv, installed SamyGo.so and finally this hack. This was exactly what i was looking for, because i didn't want to buy a hdmi switch/extractor. So in short:

thank you for this hack and the time you put in it!! Greaaaaaaaat!

Return to “[F] Software”