[App] libStreamTV E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

JanneP
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libStreamTV E/F/H

Post by JanneP »

Thanks for a well-detailed answer! I'm using VLC forgot to mention that sorry. I tried experimenting with bigger buffer but it didn't work. What did work however was start timeshift wait until stream stops then turn it off and both TV and stream started to work flawlessly. Thank you!

By the way /dtv is 40 MB on F as well. I moved the chunks to USB as you suggested as well and it works!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well, I'm not sure I fully understand your "workaround" but it shouldn't be needed (looks at bit coercive, no? :) ). Same advice as above, to avoid problems, don't use VLC (there and in general :D ).
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
JanneP
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JanneP »

Hehe, I'm not sure I understand it myself. So what happens is that when I start timeshift playlist are created fine, chunks are coming in but at usually 19s it stops writing chunks. That's when I press Stop button on remote and it restarts somehow, playlist and chunks are created. I don't think there's any problem with your lib since it happens when recording straight to USB as well.

Edit: Only downside of this seems to be that I have to reboot/shutdown TV over telnet or pull the power cable to turn it off.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

JanneP wrote:what happens is that when I start timeshift playlist are created fine, chunks are coming in but at usually 19s it stops writing chunks. That's when I press Stop button on remote and it restarts somehow, playlist and chunks are created.
:shock:
JanneP wrote:I don't think there's any problem with your lib since it happens when recording straight to USB as well.
You mean you have same problem (record stops itself) even without using libStreamTV at all?
JanneP wrote:Edit: Only downside of this seems to be that I have to reboot/shutdown TV over telnet or pull the power cable to turn it off.
That's called "TV crash", but no idea what's wrong :)
JanneP
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JanneP »

zoelechat wrote:
JanneP wrote:I don't think there's any problem with your lib since it happens when recording straight to USB as well.
You mean you have same problem (record stops itself) even without using libStreamTV at all?
Yeah, that's right.
zoelechat wrote:
JanneP wrote:Edit: Only downside of this seems to be that I have to reboot/shutdown TV over telnet or pull the power cable to turn it off.
That's called "TV crash", but no idea what's wrong :)
Yep. TV works fine while streaming, it just won't respond to any remote control commands. My guess is that it's either have something to do with an EEPROM reset I had to do about a year ago or maybe something with the broadcast. Maybe neither I'm just speculating. :P
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If you're on non-scrambled channel, it's expected TV "continues to work correctly" even if crashed. To know whether it's really crashed or not, check pidof exeTV and pidof exeAPP, if one (or both) returns nothing, it's "reliably crashed" :)
However if it continues to stream, it should mean it's NOT crashed. Know that streaming makes TV behave considerably slower, here if I don't touch remote for some time it can take up to 3-4 seconds to respond then (and better not hammer!). TV is obviously managing hard RAM :D

About your recording problem, just a thought: isn't your recording device *for example* some 'slow as hell to wake up' 3.5" HDD? Would make sense TV stops at some point if it simply can't write, and would explain both original and lib behaviors (in such case: try another device!)
JanneP
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JanneP »

I tried to start/stop stream a few times but I couldn't make it "crash" again. I'll check if it does again. I noticed that streaming only resumes if I stop it once the 19s has passed If i wait too long it won't work. :)

I tried several USB flash memories and a USB HDD and recording stops at 19s or less never longer.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well, lib is not meant to fix recording problems you already have without it anyway. It catches stream being recorded: if TV records nothing it catches nothing, simple as that :)
prairie
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by prairie »

working nicely on F series arm, very neat. about 10% increase in average CPU load.
PN60F8500AFXZA
T-FXPAKUC 1206.3 + SamyGO

"BrickMaster 2015"
hudd0
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by hudd0 »

Great Work zoelchat! Thank you!

You suggest to install/run libNoDRM due to resource consumtion...
Already done... Installed both libs and the init.d-scripts

But I think that "99_91_pvr_NoDRM.init" has to be executed first... After that "99_91_StreamTV.init"...?
Renaming the NoDRM to "99_90_pvr_NoDRM.init" should do the job in the correct order, Right?

Code: Select all

# ls -la /mnt/etc/init.d/
total 172
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     0             4096 Jan  1 00:26 .
drwxr-xr-x   10 root     0             4096 Aug 16  2014 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     0             1165 Jan  1 00:39 99_91_StreamTV.init
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     0              629 Jan  1 00:38 99_91_pvr_NoDRM.init

PS:
Actually its not running for me, because I've got some problems with mounting a nfs share to my tv with the script from slodki at
https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f ... 767#p91675

But that's offtopic here.
UE46ES8090

Return to “[F] Software”