[ROOT] "Skype replacement" root E/F

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

rootmysamynow

Re: [App] "Skype replacement" root E/F

Post by rootmysamynow »

Hi tanfan,

first I assume that your TV is UE39F5370ss, and not UE39D5370. In that case, you'd be in the wrong part of the forum.

Then, I'm missing the most important first instruction in your listed sequence of actions, which is to extract the archive attached to the first post (the instruction noted under "Usage".

If you simply create folders on your freshly formatted USB device, and copy samyext4.img somewhere, then it's absolutely clear that nothing speacial will ever happen.
tanfan

Post by tanfan »

ohhh man I'm so stupid...
you are right it's a F series
and I havent seen the attached File...
Now everything works perfect
Thank you very much :)
billybob69

Post by billybob69 »

zoelechat wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:38 pm 1st line of 1st post :)
I have to say that I also fell into the same trap of assuming that the 'Skype method' worked for all F models regardless of version of FW.
I'm sure that many newbies (like me) who are looking to root their TV for the first time, wouldn't know that "Skype is over". I even clicked on the "version boundaries" beforehand, but didn't pick up that the "Skype method" only worked with certain firmware.
Maybe as a polite suggestion, the initial post should be adjusted to reflect this for newbies looking at this for the first time?

So just to clarify, for someone one me who has a F7000 on FW version 1118, the only way to root is via the "donor method"?

bb69
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Yes... except if you downgrade.

Anyway, "donor's" root is no longer donor's :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
billybob69

Post by billybob69 »

zoelechat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:36 pm Yes... except if you downgrade.

Anyway, "donor's" root is no longer donor's :)
Awesome! Although I think that it is only fair that a donation is made. Getting a bitcoin account up and running is whole different matter though :cry:
marekbalog

Post by marekbalog »

hi
im trying to root my tv but is still not luck
tv model f6500
software 2112.4
i turn off otn update download the samyext4.img and copy to my usb drive so basically follow all steps but samygo still not showing on my tv screen
any advice
thanks
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

marekbalog wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:43 pm hi
im trying to root my tv but is still not luck
tv model f6500
software 2112.4
i turn off otn update download the samyext4.img and copy to my usb drive so basically follow all steps but samygo still not showing on my tv screen
any advice
thanks
mihd wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:31 pm ... (for old firmwares, versions boundaries are the same).
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
marekbalog

Post by marekbalog »

im doing this on mac computer this can be problem ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

No :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
marekbalog

Post by marekbalog »

so my some more questions before i give up
1)will this only work on tv that have been previously rooted Skype method or can be used to tv that never has been rooted
2)after i root my tv will i be able to use oscam ? my tv f6500 T-MST12DEUC-2122.4 BT-S/G

Return to “[F] Software”