[ROOT] "Skype replacement" root E/F

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

[ROOT] "Skype replacement" root E/F

Post by mihd »

As everybody knows: Skype is over, so here's "Skype-like" root method *not needing Skype* (for old firmwares, versions boundaries are the same. Later firmwares go there: [App] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares). USB free root, except for/during installation.

Usage:
  • First unpack attached archive suiting your TV series (E or F) to root of a freshly FAT formatted USB drive.
Instructions for E-series:
  • Download 128mb.xfs from there and copy it to InstallSamygo/data on USB
  • Power off TV, attach USB to it as ONLY plugged device, power on.
  • Enter SmartHub and start widget named "Install SamyGO-E"
  • Press "Enter" and wait until it finishes (6 lines should appear with "Ok" at the end)
  • Restart TV (power off/on). Done.
Instructions for F-series:
  • Download samyext4.img.F.zip from there, extract archive and copy samyext4.img to InstallSamygo/data on USB
  • Enter SmartHub, go to "More Apps" and attach USB to TV as ONLY plugged device
  • Close dialog box and start widget named "Install SamyGO-F"
  • Press "Enter" and wait until it finishes (6 lines should appear with "Ok" at the end)
  • Restart TV (power off/on). Done.
Notes:
  • Widgets SamyGO-E(Uninstall) and SamyGO-F(Uninstall) (appeared after installation in SmartHub) can be used to remove SamyGO startup files and root.
  • Widget RestoreSmG can be used to repair SamyGO startup files (in case of root loss).
  • In case something goes wrong after rooting (TV restarts, hangs, etc.), put any file named STOP_SAMYGO on any USB plugged to TV on startup, that will prevent root to start. At this point, either ask support there or do-something-yourself knowing that netcat access is available on port 4023 (no prompt).
  • If you had previously saved your custom 128mb.xfs/samyext4.img, you can use it instead of default one
  • If you just come from "lost Skype root" and if you still have SamyGO widget in Smarthub, it means all your custom files are still there. In such case you can press RED instead of ENTER during widget installation, then only startup files will be applied, /mnt contents will be kept and you'll find back everything "in state you left it".
  • To prevent possible overfilling of samyext4.img on F-series, once rooted it is necessary to edit /mnt/etc/init.d/01_01_catch_crap.init : find string "echo "+++++++++++ Release notes ++++++++++" >> $LOGFILE" and change ">>" to ">".
  • Method might not work on VERY ancient firmwares, in such case upgrade firmware to latest "Skype" rootable.
Edited by Moderator: No offtopic Oscam related discussion here. Posts will be deleted. Use Oscam section.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mihd on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [App] "Skype replacement" root E/F

Post by zoelechat »

Moved to public, enjoy! :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
fluffi444
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: AW: [App] "Skype replacement" root E/F

Post by fluffi444 »

Thanks again at this point to mihd. His idea was or is so simple and genius at the same time to get autostart back.
TV: UE40ES7000 @ UE40ES8090 - T-ECPDEUC-2022.0 // SamyGO
CI+: Unicam EVO 4 with HD+ (HD02) @ Pacific 4.60
NET: Samba: PC
crashy

Post by crashy »

what are firmware boundaries? I installed T-ECPDEUC-2018.1, BT-S/G, will it work or I need to downgrade? If I need to downgrade can you please post link to post where are firmwares and on which version should I downgrade? I have es7000 tv.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

T-MST10PDEUC < 2000.2
T-ECPDEUC < 2014.2
T-MST12DEUC < 1120.0
T-FXPDEUC < 1118.0
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

For those, who had Skype-root (not for new users).
SamyGO-E(Uninstall) differs from SamyGO-E (in Skype-method) only small file data.zip .
SamyGO-F(Uninstall) differs from SamyGO-F only run1.sh . (data.zip and run1.sh - unnecessary small "tails" after overwriting SamyGO by SamyGO(Uninstall)).
Therefore, you can skip the step of downloading 128mb.xfs/samyext4.img, and to use "red" instead "enter" during installation.
Maybe somehow reflect this in the instructions ?
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
crashy

Post by crashy »

when I insert usb stick with InstallSamygo folder, I dont have widget to Install SamyGO-E on smarthub?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

mihd wrote:Maybe somehow reflect this in the instructions ?
Nah too complicated (I didn't understand myself, that's why I didn't include in instructions :P)
If brave enough people read until the 5th post they will be aware now you told it ;)
See just above (and below) the kind of questions you'll have to answer first...
crashy

Post by crashy »

why I dont see install sammy go-e? firmware i have is 2009.3, is it maybe because my smart hub is updated? I turned off tv, the I put usb in tv, turn on tv, but on smart hub I don't see install sammy go-e?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Because you didn't follow instructions correctly/carefully?

Return to “[F] Software”