virtual usb/samba on F series

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sga
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: virtual usb/samba on F series

Post by sga »

Hello!
Tell me, please, how to mount the disk from the receiver VU+ IP: 192.168.0.105 user: root, pass: Found the file /mnt/etc/init.d/06_05_vsftp.init.dis, but what to do with it I do not know.
55F6650 T-MST12DEUC-1118.2 oscam
46F8000 T-FXPDEUC -1115.0 oscam
ABID
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ABID »

liverhook wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:39 pm I have virtual usb/samba on F series working in my home net. So in sources the virtual usb points to my network drive, where videos can be selected and played to / ober the tv. But: as a video is running a while, the sound gets asynchron, so I have to rewind a short while and then play, so that audio is again synchron.
Does for this behaviour exist a solution or a hint? Some buffer adjustments in some file perhaps or something similar?
Can someone please advise me how can i do this, I am sorry but i don't have any knowledge of Linux, if any changes needs to be made or file editing can this be done through windows while connected to TV via ftp?

Can someone help me with this issue. I rooted my EU46F6670 using viewtopic.php?p=61596#p61596 this method. I can see virtual usb in source but when select it no files in it. I am trying to mount hdd which i connected to my router. I can access this by simply entering routers ip address on my laptop.
liverhook
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by liverhook »

You can find methods to manage this in the 'software' section of this forum (f-series).
From windows you have to follow the guidelines including copiynf files and altering some files, and place them in the correct place within the system structure of your tv's system. Then, after every 'cold boot' of your tv it starts a samba server with virtual usb pointing towards folders you have set before, also NAS folders within the same home network.
See my attachments (max. 5, the first important of more), which I've made out of the forum with the according thread.
I think you will find it online yet with perhaps some actualized files to use.
It is in first a long way to set it up and read the corresponding forum threads, but in the end I've managed it to function. Please work / read it all through before asking me, because I'm also no computer expert, and it's a long time ago, since I've set this up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mein TV-Modellcode: UE40F6500; Softwareversion: T-MST12DEUC-2102.2, BT-G
ABID
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ABID »

@liverhook thanks for your help, i managed to figure it out, accessed tv through ftp, there were some files(e.g samba) in init folder with "init.dis" extension. I changed it to just init and entered my router ip, tv showed smb in virtual usb.

Oscam left to deal with, hopefully someone can help me with that. Still trying to figure it out if all the required files are already on samygo (on tv) or i have to find in the forums.
ABID
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ABID »

I have a question guys, when i play video from vit USB (SMB), and switch the tv off, upon playing the same video it doesn't start from where i left last time, instead it starts from beginning. Is this how it suppose to work or i done something wrong?
Frosty12345

Post by Frosty12345 »

Hi, I'm trying to use Virtual USB on my F5500 TV to access a USB share on my router with videos.
The share is password protected & can be accessed by other devices (PC, ipad etc.).
TV is connected by WiFi.

I have added the info to smb_userdata.
I can see Virtual USB in sources.
Sometimes I can navigate to the files and play tem, but sometimes I only see "No stored files found".

Any suggestions about how to make work reliably?
How can I debug it?

Thank you.

Return to “[F] Software”