[APP] openvpn-2.3.2 D(arm)/E/F

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [APP] openvpn-2.3.2 D(arm)/E/F

Post by juusso »

module versions 0150 and above are for T-FXP (or from 0145, can`t remember)
module versions 0101-0115 (known for today) are for T-MST12

So you can use module from 0150 and change vermagic string for your TV to 0152, but you can`t use any modules of T-MST firmware.

About shell: if you have any better working solution, we are happy to check and include to widget. remshd (on 23 port) and netcat shell (on 1023 port) are tested and working shells...

check with netcat, is shell so limited aswell?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

a better way to check: FXP has p2v8 in version string while MST12 does not
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

added tun.ko-FXP-152.zip to first post. you can try that one
Tamagnun
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Tamagnun »

@bugficks: OK, I've downloaded the tun.ok vers.0152 for FXP, I will test ASAP!!
Thank you for your explanations about shell and kmods!! You're very patient if you're making this hard job with that shell!! :D

@juuso: I'll test the netcat on 1023 port when I'll come back home; one question only: I have to start a process (netcast or something like this) in order to obtain an answer to the 1023 port call?
Because in the run.sh from root tool only the remshd is started at the boot time...
I have tried to execute a bash program file that I've got from a Raspberry (ARMv7) that runs Raspbian (Debian) o.s., but a generic not found error is produced by the TV.
Obviously before to start the bash executable file I have placed under /tmp/bin (that is included into the TV LD_LIBRARY_PATH) all the dependency libraries got from the Raspberry with the ldd command, but nothing works!
I've tried to execute also the ash shell (embedded into the busybox), but nothing happens... :(

@both :) : if the tun.ko will be added to the kernel regularly by executing insmod, do you think I'll be able to use on my F series device the openvpn executable file provided on the first post?
Where I've to place all the libs (maybe /tmp/bin is right)?

Thank you for your help!
Ciao Roberto
Tamagnun
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Tamagnun »

One word only: it WOOOORRKKKKKKKSSSSS!!!!!

Insmod doesn't produce any message, but if I repeat the command it answer that the module is already installed, this sounds good!
Openvpn and libs can be placed into the same directory, chmod 777, and all works properly! The only problem is that the openvpn.log file is created but nothing it is written inside it (verb is set to 3 in my config file), but it isn't a problem.

I will prepare a simple installation kit for F series TV and I will post it, with startup script and a sample configuration file, something ready for newbies... like me!!! :D

No enough words to thank you for your work, for the assistance and attention to my requests! :mrgreen:

@juuso: no answer to 1023 port calls, netcat must be started before to try to access it? Where can I find it?

Ciao Roberto
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

once everything works w/ current samygo extensions for F im pretty sure openvpn scripts etc will be added.
you only need to insmod tun.ko and mknod once per boot
Tamagnun
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Tamagnun »

Yes, bugficks, I'm sure that the openvpn support will be added to the official SamyGO widget for F-series, and I want to thank you another time for your work!!

By the way, while we're waiting that the final widget will be released, if any owner of TV F-series with T-FXP fw (F7000 and F8x00, at least...) is interested to start the openvpn service, I've prepared the attached ZIP file, with all the programs you have released to me and with some start/stop scripts got from other stb, adapted by me.

What has to be done:
1) expand the content of ZIP file under /mtd_rwcommon, so /mtd_rwcommon/openvpn and two subdirs (bin and keys) will be created
2) grant bin files by typing: chmod +x /mtd_rwcommon/openvpn/bin/*
3) grant three script files by typing: chmod +x /mtd_rwcommon/openvpn/*vpn
4) edit/replace the sample.conf with the info provided by your OpenVPN server administrator
5) place under keys directory the certificate and private key files provided by your OpenVPN server administrator
6) start the openvpn service with the script startopenvpn
7) if needed, stop the openvpn service with the script killopenvpn

Please note:
a) more than one openvpn can be started at the same time, it's enough to prepare all the .conf files under the /mtd_rwcommon/openvpn directory
b) unfortunately, the openvpn.log file under /dtv is always empty, I don't understand why... (suggestions are welcome)
c) tested only on my PS64F8500!! Use this sw at your own risks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the programs and drivers has been provided by bugficks and juuso, thank to them, I've only packaged their product.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tamagnun
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Tamagnun »

@bugficks: I'm trying to start the openvpn on a UE32ES6710 fw T-MST10PDEUC-1030.0, when I input the insmod tun.ko cmd it doesn't complete with the following error:

Code: Select all

VDLinux#> insmod tunMST.ko 2>&1
insmod: can't insert 'tunMST.ko': invalid module format
Is not a vermagic error, isn't it?
The same error is returned if I try to install the tunFXP.ko module...

Some other infos for your analyze, if you have time to spend for this issue...
Regards, and Merry Christmas!! :)

VDLinux#> cat cpuinfo
Processor       : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor       : 0
BogoMIPS        : 1794.04

processor       : 1
BogoMIPS        : 1794.04

Features        : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x3
CPU part        : 0xc09
CPU revision    : 0

Hardware        : amber3
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000

VDLinux#> cat /.version
"X10P 0071" KERNEL MODULE VERSION : "0064.0716, DTV, X10P, release, DEU_BRANCH"
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

those kmods are for F series, you need to compile modules for E yourself. or look at samygo extensions, maybe juuso added them for E already
merry x-mas
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

source /dtv/SGO.env
insmod $MOD_DIR/kernel/drivers/net/tun.ko
or check correct path where driver exists :smile:
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[F] Software”