[PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.8.2.53

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

leikli
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: [PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.7.3.31

Post by leikli »

Lordbyte wrote:I do believe sectroyer knows what he is talking about.
You are using a value that leave your TV unstable. Period. :lol:
You may discontinue the usage of the PVRDecoder, live with it as it is, or you may
go do the experiments that is needed with the decoderplugin in its current form and shape.

Start with a value of .. say .. 40 - as sectroyer mentioned ... And did you try 10, as sectroyer asks ?
I would understand it if PVRDecoder would not be able to decode recordings when the buffer size is larger than a certain limit. But it usually does, and it goes fast too. The problem I experience occurs when I try to start the next decoding after the first decoding or when I do a batch decoding. The first decoding usually works correctly, even with high buffer sizes.

It is quite possible that this problem only occurs on some TV models. I don't know exactly what PVRDecoder does after a decoding and before a new decoding is started, but as much as possible of the data from the previous decoding should be erased before a new decoding is initiated. The next decoding should be started as cleanly as the first decoding.

I can do more tests with lower buffer sizes. If I am right, the problem should occur even with very low buffer sizes. The problem is that I may not have time enough to do the tests. I must find a time slot when I am at home and don't sleep and there are no programs worth recording for a few hours. I can of course start testing with very short recordings, but I am not sure if the problem is guaranteed to show up in that case.
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)

Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: [PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.7.3.31

Post by Lordbyte »

The PVRDecoder does basically nothing betwen decoding each recording.

It issues a telnet-command requesting plugin to decode a named recording.
TV starts decoding to a specified filename. The decoder on TV emits information
in a file the PVRDecoder monitors. When PVRDecoder detects information in that
file indicating the the decoding is well underway, it opens a FTP-stream to the
decoding file and retrieves it .. And while the FTP download is running the decoder
is still building the file on TV .. and if download "catches up" to the decoder, the FTP-server
on TV detects an EOF-condition, and terminates stream.
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.

leikli
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: [PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.7.3.31

Post by leikli »

Lordbyte wrote:The PVRDecoder does basically nothing betwen decoding each recording.
OK, but what does PVRDecoder on every startup of the program? Whatever it does, maybe it should do it also between every decoding.

In any way, I tried to do a batch decoding of three very short recordings. I set the slider for the buffer size all the way down to 15 (I could not set it to 10). The first recording was decoded and downloaded correctly and then the TV hang, as expected.
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5865
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: [PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.7.3.31

Post by sectroyer »

leikli wrote: I would understand it if PVRDecoder would not be able to decode recordings when the buffer size is larger than a certain limit. But it usually does, and it goes fast too. The problem I experience occurs when I try to start the next decoding after the first decoding or when I do a batch decoding. The first decoding usually works correctly, even with high buffer sizes.
Wonderfull it means it does NOT work. If you notice ANY "strange things" (this is good example) happening means you should change magic number :) Simple as that I expect ANY problem to occur and the culprit is ALWAYS wrong magic number value :) Maybe for you it's strange but for me it isn't :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

mikemcgear
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Re: [PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.7.3.31

Post by mikemcgear »

I have the same problems as leikli.
I tried to tune buffer setting but so far TV will hang every 2nd time I try (even after restart of PVRDecoder).

Please note, my H6600 has similar/same FW with same FW type.
UE48H6600, T-GFSDEUC 1184 1210.5 1240.2 1300 1321

leikli
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: [PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.7.3.31

Post by leikli »

sectroyer wrote: Wonderfull it means it does NOT work. If you notice ANY "strange things" (this is good example) happening means you should change magic number :) Simple as that I expect ANY problem to occur and the culprit is ALWAYS wrong magic number value :) Maybe for you it's strange but for me it isn't :)
I have no reason to believe that the problem I have has anything to do with the buffer size. It is a different problem. I would expect it to matter for decoding and FTP-ing simultaneously, but not for serialized decoding and FTP-ing in batch mode.
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5865
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: [PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.7.3.31

Post by sectroyer »

leikli wrote: I have no reason to believe that the problem I have has anything to do with the buffer size. It is a different problem. I would expect it to matter for decoding and FTP-ing simultaneously, but not for serialized decoding and FTP-ing in batch mode.
Hmm the guy who wrote decoding plugins tells you it's the reason :P
mikemcgear wrote:I have the same problems as leikli.
I tried to tune buffer setting but so far TV will hang every 2nd time I try (even after restart of PVRDecoder).

Please note, my H6600 has similar/same FW with same FW type.
Set buffer size to 10 or even 1 :) If with that setting you don't experience the problem it's obvious it's magic number issue :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

leikli
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: [PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.7.3.31

Post by leikli »

mikemcgear wrote:I have the same problems as leikli.
I tried to tune buffer setting but so far TV will hang every 2nd time I try (even after restart of PVRDecoder).

Please note, my H6600 has similar/same FW with same FW type.
It surprises me that it does not work if you restart PVRDecoder before the next decoding. That usually works for me.

Please do as Sectroyer suggested, set the buffer size to a ridiculously low value and do a batch decoding. But first you should create a few very short recordings for the testing, otherwise it will take forever. You will probably get the same result as me; the first decoding will be successful, and then the TV will hang/reboot.
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)

Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: [PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.7.3.31

Post by Lordbyte »

leikli wrote: I have no reason to believe that the problem I have has anything to do with the buffer size. It is a different problem. I would expect it to matter for decoding and FTP-ing simultaneously, but not for serialized decoding and FTP-ing in batch mode.
Actually, even if you select serializing the plugin is still loaded on TV .. with YOUR magic value.
And that magic value can/will crash your TV .. serializing or not.

sectroyer made the decoder, and he knows stuff .. please trust him on his diagnosis ! :D

Try the values he suggest .. just in case he might be right :lol:
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.

leikli
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: [PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.7.3.31

Post by leikli »

Lordbyte wrote:sectroyer made the decoder, and he knows stuff .. please trust him on his diagnosis ! :D

Try the values he suggest .. just in case he might be right :lol:
But I have already tested it and verified that the buffer size does not matter.
leikli wrote:In any way, I tried to do a batch decoding of three very short recordings. I set the slider for the buffer size all the way down to 15 (I could not set it to 10). The first recording was decoded and downloaded correctly and then the TV hang, as expected.
How many times do I need to repeat it? It is quite boring since the result is predictable.
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)

Post Reply

Return to “[F] Software”