Fixing SamyGO telnet/SSH/SCP/bash on C/D/E/F series

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Fixing SamyGO telnet/SSH/SCP/bash on C/D/E/F series

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:I also have colors I didn't have before :)
I've just lost telnet on port 1023, probably due to "killall telnetd" in telnet daemon, is that part needed on E? :mrgreen:

edit: ok, the answer is no. That's finally the only part I've messed up, nothing dramatic ;)
There is no "killall" in "FOR E DO THIS" section :) It would be great if you could clean all this patches and use the "right way" to see if this one also works for you :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Yes, I've already done it.
After this I have working bash history, telnet, ssh and scp :)
Everything works flawlessly, port 1023 is back :mrgreen:
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:Yes, I've already done it.
After this I have working bash history, telnet, ssh and scp :)
Everything works flawlessly, port 1023 is back :mrgreen:
Okay. From your post I got impression that you made some C and E mix patch ;)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Sort of ;)
I've kept dropbear from C post (files are the same it seems?) with its original name: dropbear (replacing existing one)
And I didn't do symbolic link to dbclient, I also kept my own busybox.
In fact I just didn't do the last part you've added when you clarified what to do on E :)
But no more rcEXT, modded rcSGO, daemon, etc...
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:Sort of ;)
I've kept dropbear from C post (files are the same it seems?) with its original name: dropbear (replacing existing one)
And I didn't do symbolic link to dbclient, I also kept my own busybox.
In fact I just didn't do the last part you've added when you clarified what to do on E :)
But no more rcEXT, modded rcSGO, daemon, etc...
Without dbclient scp may not work correctly :D
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Ok, I trust you but I like to understand...

Is there a fundamental difference between your attached dropbear and already included in SamyGO one? (ssh/scp already works with this one 277kb<>396kb).
I can't get sshd.init script to work, ssh/scp only work if I unconditionnally launch dropbear (at the end of catch_crap for exemple)
More I wonder how your "dropbearmulti" can be effective since it is called nowhere in sshd.init.
Also you add these lines in catch_crap while they already exist in sshd.init, so is it necessary to have them twice?:

Code: Select all

/bin/mount -o bind /mtd_rwarea/passwd /etc/passwd
/bin/mount -o bind /mtd_rwarea/profile /etc/profile
To resume, everything works as it should but not by following exactly your guide... ;)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:Ok, I trust you but I like to understand...

Is there a fundamental difference between your attached dropbear and already included in SamyGO one? (ssh/scp already works with this one 277kb<>396kb).
I can't get sshd.init script to work, ssh/scp only work if I unconditionnally launch dropbear (at the end of catch_crap for exemple)
More I wonder how your "dropbearmulti" can be effective since it is called nowhere in sshd.init.
Also you add these lines in catch_crap while they already exist in sshd.init, so is it necessary to have them twice?:

/bin/mount -o bind /mtd_rwarea/passwd /etc/passwd
/bin/mount -o bind /mtd_rwarea/profile /etc/profile
To resume, everything works as it should but not by following exactly your guide... ;)
The issues you are experiencing are exacly because youd didn't follow the tutoral exacly and installed dropbear manually :)

ls -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/sbin/dropbear
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     0               41 Jan  1  1970 /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/sbin/dropbear -> /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/sbin/dropbearmulti
root@tv:~ # lff /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/sbin/dropbearmulti 
dropbear should be a symbolic link to dropbearmulti :) The same goes for scp and dbclient

ls -l /mnt/bin/scp 
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     0               41 Jan  1  1970 /mnt/bin/scp -> /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/sbin/dropbearmulti
ls -l /mnt/bin/dbclient 
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     0               41 Jan  1  1970 /mnt/bin/dbclient -> /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/sbin/dropbearmulti
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I'm not really experiencing issues but again I like to understand what I'm doing...
After my first experiments I've reset all and exactly followed your tutorial. It is simply unclear ! :)
As is, you can get nice colors in telnet but not ssh/scp working at all. Or maybe by confusely taking a few infos from C tuto.
Don't you like to answer questions? :D

In original SamyGO it seems that there's no symbolic links but multiple instances of the same file with different names (dropbear, dropbearmulti, dropbearkey...). That's probably what confused me.
Anyway, it works now and I will let you know if I see any problem happening without using these symbolic links ;)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:I'm not really experiencing issues but again I like to understand what I'm doing...
After my first experiments I've reset all and exactly followed your tutorial. It is simply unclear ! :)
As is, you can get nice colors in telnet but not ssh/scp working at all. Or maybe by confusely taking a few infos from C tuto.
Don't you like to answer questions? :D

In original SamyGO it seems that there's no symbolic links but multiple instances of the same file with different names (dropbear, dropbearmulti, dropbearkey...). That's probably what confused me.
zoelechat wrote: So if I did understand everything correctly you used "my" E tutorial and just used multiple istances of dropbearmulti instead of symbolic links(ssh.init working?)?
Anyway, it works now and I will let you know if I see any problem happening without using these symbolic links ;)
Symbolic links use less space and If you use to much space on /mtd_rwcommon/ you will have problems :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Ok, so once for all which files need to be linked to dropbearmulti?
dropbear, scp and dbclient that's it?
What about dropbearkey and dropbearconvert?

edit: files aren't in /mtd_rwcommon but /mnt ;)

Return to “[F] Software”