[App] SamyGO RCremap for C/D(arm)/E/F/H with CMD support

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [APP] SamyGO RCremap for C/D(arm)/E/F with surprise :)

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:
sectroyer wrote:The only question that remains is that whether I should add "&" by default :)
In my opinion it's better to let user choose as it is now. We can imagine cases where queuing is needed and I wonder what could be the side effects of massive multiple simultaneous injections if script doesn't check itself to be already running :)
The fact now is that when you run a command that takes longer period of times you are hanging up (of course one thread) exeDSP. As a result it may even cause crash :D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Do you mean that if, for example, I insert ~"sleep 60" in my script launched (at least) twice in foreground it will cause crash? I'm going to try...
So, we have the choice between mandatory '&' and potential simultaneous injections which may also cause crash (?)
Anyway it's up to you, you're the sole master ;)

edit: result here is no crash during "sleep 60", just hanging (rc doesn't respond) until script finishes and execute again, but I take back hand at the end :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

That's what I told. Running script in the background by default shouldn't have any negative implications:)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If user is aware that script needs self check to prevent simultaneous launches you're right ;)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

I will think about all of this in the future. Now just be happy:)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

No complaint at all, I am happy with this best improvment for a long time...
Even if you "simplify" it for public, I prefer current version which offer more opportunities ;)
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

proper way would be to create a thread :)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Yeah. I need to check whether it will work correctly across all platforms:)
sectroyer

Re: [APP] SamyGO RCremap for C/D(arm)/E/F with CMD support

Post by sectroyer »

New version uploaded. Creates thread for every new command :) No more crashes :) Please test :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [APP] SamyGO RCremap for C/D(arm)/E/F with CMD support

Post by zoelechat »

If I understand correctly I can remove '&' and script self-test if I want script to be executed once (even with long key press)?

Return to “[F] Software”