[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by myname70 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Guys, I used USB permanently attached to the F series TV for many years. All worked fine. But, last night simply stopped. During the TV start , all green log messages appear as it requires.. After fool start, I have FTP access to the TV, but no telnet, no web interface, no OSCAM... I deleted the log files, but no help. I see my FW is 1118. Any ideas how to fix it?

miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:56 am

myname70 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:20 pm
Guys, I used USB permanently attached to the F series TV for many years. All worked fine. But, last night simply stopped. During the TV start , all green log messages appear as it requires.. After fool start, I have FTP access to the TV, but no telnet, no web interface, no OSCAM... I deleted the log files, but no help. I see my FW is 1118. Any ideas how to fix it?
It happened to me also and I have not found a clear reason for that.
What worked for me it has been a replacement of the image file in the data folder with a previous working back-up.
I made it via ftp.

My idea is that some log files grow up so much that during file closure it ceates a problem in the boot and only the run.sh starts ...
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.

myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:01 am

Thanks. In fact - I did not touch and change the USB data file / image since years 🙂 Maybe I should try the latest root files?

miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:21 pm

myname70 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:01 am
Thanks. In fact - I did not touch and change the USB data file / image since years 🙂 Maybe I should try the latest root files?
Yes. Do a factory reset and reinstall.
If you do not have any back-up of your image file you will need to reinstall everything from the beginning.

myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Thanks. I overwritten the SamyGO_data folder on the USB stick with the same folder I kept in the archive. And now it works 🙂 Maybe somehow it was corrupted itself.

ryandward

Post by ryandward » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:51 am

I am following the first step on this post, and I can't find a link to this file "SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix-USB" anywhere... where is it?

miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:08 am

ryandward wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:51 am
I am following the first step on this post, and I can't find a link to this file "SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix-USB" anywhere... where is it?
Come on ... first page first post at the bottom ... download/file.php?id=7533

Return to “[F] Software”