[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by myname70 »

Guys, I used USB permanently attached to the F series TV for many years. All worked fine. But, last night simply stopped. During the TV start , all green log messages appear as it requires.. After fool start, I have FTP access to the TV, but no telnet, no web interface, no OSCAM... I deleted the log files, but no help. I see my FW is 1118. Any ideas how to fix it?
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

myname70 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:20 pm Guys, I used USB permanently attached to the F series TV for many years. All worked fine. But, last night simply stopped. During the TV start , all green log messages appear as it requires.. After fool start, I have FTP access to the TV, but no telnet, no web interface, no OSCAM... I deleted the log files, but no help. I see my FW is 1118. Any ideas how to fix it?
It happened to me also and I have not found a clear reason for that.
What worked for me it has been a replacement of the image file in the data folder with a previous working back-up.
I made it via ftp.

My idea is that some log files grow up so much that during file closure it ceates a problem in the boot and only the run.sh starts ...
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

Thanks. In fact - I did not touch and change the USB data file / image since years 🙂 Maybe I should try the latest root files?
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

myname70 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:01 am Thanks. In fact - I did not touch and change the USB data file / image since years 🙂 Maybe I should try the latest root files?
Yes. Do a factory reset and reinstall.
If you do not have any back-up of your image file you will need to reinstall everything from the beginning.
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

Thanks. I overwritten the SamyGO_data folder on the USB stick with the same folder I kept in the archive. And now it works 🙂 Maybe somehow it was corrupted itself.
ryandward

Post by ryandward »

I am following the first step on this post, and I can't find a link to this file "SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix-USB" anywhere... where is it?
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

ryandward wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:51 am I am following the first step on this post, and I can't find a link to this file "SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix-USB" anywhere... where is it?
Come on ... first page first post at the bottom ... download/file.php?id=7533
Riquet065

Post by Riquet065 »

Hello every body!
Thank you very much for you great job!
I rooted my tv, all worked good since some days, but maybe i'll have problem because:

In the service Menu I would do "Control" (or "Option") -> "Sub Option" -> "OPTION_SWU" -> "OTN Support" -> Off
But with my recent software there is only 5 lines in the "OPTION_SWU" menu the two last lines "OTN Support" and "STW_Diag_Code" aren't here.
And in my provider's modem i can't block address ip :-(, so i can't block the internet access to:
msecnd.net
samsungotn.net
www.samsungotn.net
test.samsungotn.net

Then i went in the normal Menu - Support - Update software - Automatic update --> "Off".
I don't know if it's enought? Firmware update are blocking, but with Smart Hub?
When i will turn my TV power "ON" can Smart Hub do update and kill the root? Until yet i disconnect my TV from Internet when i turn it "ON" but can do Smart Hub do update later?

edit:
Well ok, i'm sorry, I read once more the processus and that's 3 days i believed that was:
Service Menu -> "Control" -> "Sub Option" -> "OPTION_SWU" -> "OTN Support" -> Off,
but for my serie F6 it's:
Service Menu -> "Option" -> "MRT Option" -> "OTN Support" -> Off!!
TV Samsung UE32F6470; Firmware T-MST12DEUC_2126.0
Riquet065

Post by Riquet065 »

As you can see just oben i (finaly) correctly did:
Service Menu -> "Option" -> "MRT Option" -> "OTN Support" -> Off

To see if all is correct i did the test: Support - Software Update - Update Now
https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8274#p83355

And i have the last situation!: Working 100% and tell me, "There are no update for you at the moment"
Then that indicates that updates are NOT blocked!
After i disconnected my TV from the network cable, i even turn off the wifi in my modem (but i'm sure my tv is set to have cable connection and not wifi connection) and i did the test again with the same result:
Working 100% and tell me, "There are no update for you at the moment"

Probably with my firmware, it don't tell an message error if there is no connection and when update aren't possible, somebody have the same situation?
TV Samsung UE32F6470; Firmware T-MST12DEUC_2126.0
idna

Post by idna »

Big thanks. It seems the procedure worked on my up-to-date 46F6500 (device is accessible via FTP - for other perks like SSH I have to search the forum on how to use them).

Return to “[F] Software”