[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

PrinzEugen
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by PrinzEugen »

Suddenly today i got message that i have no internet connection, i have removed usb with samygo, tried with tv rebooting, changing ip settings and ports and network cables but problem still persist. any solution, maybe firmware update ?
Also tried manually and automatic ip address but nothing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
picieri

Post by picieri »

my tv 40f7000 firmware 1123.3, i have same problem
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
PrinzEugen
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by PrinzEugen »

maybe it is lie, bu my root tv doesn't work anymore, also can't ping tv, factory reset also didnt solve the problem. firmware 1102, auto update was off long time ago.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Expected, browser plugin related root (current) needs internet connection to start.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
PrinzEugen
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by PrinzEugen »

i presume , is is temporary according to earlier post, TV crashes upon SSLv3 negotiation. zoel you and your tv are still alive after all these years :D
andyVSR

Post by andyVSR »

Hi,

This is my first post on samygo, so i want to send my appreciation to everybody who made this great job.
i discovered this site by mistake a week ago and since then i have no rest :)
my tv is ue46f8000 with T-FXPDEUC_1135.0 firmware. reading this site i was able to go back to 1125 using 0000 firmware.
and then installed root using 1st post of this thread (i presume this is latest root method ??). i cant block OTNSupport in service since it is greyed out so i blocked access to samsung sites using my router.
the root went ok and i have a working telnet/ftp. after enabled sshd from /mnt/etc/init.d the dropbear is started but login is not allowed (used SamyGO as password). previous posts reported that sshd is working so i wonder if there is another updated root version or i must find on forum a solution (new dropbear/scripts ?) and put it on my current root ?

Thanks.
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

andyVSR wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:53 pm Hi,

This is my first post on samygo, so i want to send my appreciation to everybody who made this great job.
i discovered this site by mistake a week ago and since then i have no rest :)
my tv is ue46f8000 with T-FXPDEUC_1135.0 firmware. reading this site i was able to go back to 1125 using 0000 firmware.
and then installed root using 1st post of this thread (i presume this is latest root method ??). i cant block OTNSupport in service since it is greyed out so i blocked access to samsung sites using my router.
the root went ok and i have a working telnet/ftp. after enabled sshd from /mnt/etc/init.d the dropbear is started but login is not allowed (used SamyGO as password). previous posts reported that sshd is working so i wonder if there is another updated root version or i must find on forum a solution (new dropbear/scripts ?) and put it on my current root ?

Thanks.
First of all welcome to the forum :)

With F8000 in order to block OTN support you need to enable the extended menu as defined in the wiki section.
The easiest methods are:
- with mobile IR if you have one
- with TV IR extender method using WAV files as specified.
After having enabled extended menu you can disable OTN Support.

With SSH I had the same issue and I needed to enable it from telnet.
I do not remember the right procedure but if you look in the forum there is a discussion about how to enable real telnet and SSH in E/F Series.
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7455
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
zrqybzww

Post by zrqybzww »

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if my post is not inline with the forum rules!

I have the following Samsung TV -
Model Code : UA32F5500ARMXL
Version No : TP02
Firmware version : 2139.1

I want to root the TV and use all the available features of the TV. I saw the rooting threads, and got a bit confused with the multiple outdated threads. From what I understood is that I need to do the following things -
1) Install the 0000 Firmware.
2) Then install the required firmware (But which firmware is recommended by Samygo? What is the difference between TV Software and Firmware?)
3) Root the TV (Which is the latest and best rooting method recommended by Samygo?)
4) Disable updates.

Are these the only steps that need to be followed? Can someone guide me with the first 3 steps? Maybe a video (if possible). I managed to disable OTA/OTN updated from the Engineering Menu.

Thank you in advance, and once again I am sorry if I have broken any forum rules. It's not that I am trying to get spoon-fed, I did try to read the relevant threads. It's just that there are multiple active threads, and so I got confused. I don't want to hard-brick my TV. I have soft-bricked a couple of android phones in the past, but it was possible to unbrick them. I am not sure whether that will be the case with a TV, so just being cautious. :)
berthold61

Post by berthold61 »

Gentlemen, I have a problem with my TV series F6, I had root and oscam for 1.5 years and everything worked until the oscam began to cut and finally fell, so I made a new pendriv from samygo uploaded and everything ok green and now I have a problem that TV every 3 minutes reboots and so on and over, but after removing the pendriva TV works but no longer works smart-hub, what can I or what should I do?

Return to “[F] Software”